Business Development (Finance Sector)
About the role
Business Development is Avanade's engine for generating new sales and business opportunities through insightful and dynamic prospecting with clients, including leveraging of key Alliance Partner relationships. Business Development teams are tasked with achieving double-digit year-over-year growth; both through our Direct Channel business growing and within the Accenture Channel.
As a Business Development Consultant, you will play a crucial role in producing sales and revenue. To do so, you will help create and evolve highly relevant client account plans that align to our strategic initiatives. You will use a range of tools to identify and pursue sales targets and conduct prospecting, including cold calls, to establish relationships. You may also partner with Client Executives to drive large direct-deal origination, pursuit and closing strategies.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Organize the sales planning process for identified accounts, usually at the local level, and ensure that internal parties are well engaged, within the right timeframe and budget, to best position Avanade in winning opportunities
- Apply the Avanade Sales Process; Discover, Engage, Expand, Propose, and Realize (DEEPR), Solution Selling and Account Management practices
- Develop customer relationships and drive acquisition of new customers
- Boost knowledge and network of partners, including Accenture and the Microsoft Business Solutions Organization
- Support proposal creation and delivery
- Promote customer satisfaction and follow-through
- Develop a good understanding of Avanade's offerings, as well as Microsoft and Accenture solutions and competitors' offerings
- Comply with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System policy to enter all opportunities into CRM and maintain status
- Support local marketing programs for brand development, market awareness, market positioning and market demand-generation involving media, analysts and active participation in the IT community.
You take the initiative and can think creatively and proactively to address our customers' needs. You have great client interactions and presentation skills, combined with a customer-focused attitude. You can build a network of inside and outside contacts to increase your influence. Among your skills and experience, you likely have:
- Working knowledge of Account Planning skills
- Understanding of sales pipeline management and sales and revenue quotas
- Experience selling outsourcing and managed services deals or other large-scale engagements that include major offshore delivery.
You are likely to have at least three years of services sales or professional consulting experience. Your education likely includes a Bachelor's degree in business, sales or marketing—and, even better, an advanced degree, such as an MBA.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience: 3+ years of services sales or professional consulting experience
Management Experience: N/A
Education: Bachelor's degree in business, sales or marketing recommended; advanced degree (M.B.A. or equivalent) preferred
- Good client interface and presentation skills, with a Customer Focus attitude
- Demonstrates creative thinking to address our customers' business needs
- Working knowledge of Account Planning skills
- Basic understanding of sales pipeline management and sales and revenue quotas
- Good understanding of Avanade solutions, Microsoft products and technology services, Accenture industry solutions and of competitive offerings
- Able to build network of inside and outside contacts to increase influence
Required Certifications: N/A
Additional Area, Region or Service Line specific requirements: Additional requirements will depend on specific position focus (e.g., consulting vs. managed service). For example, willingness to travel/amount of travel expected, expected established contacts within local geography business community.
Requisition ID - 47529
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top