Business Development Executive - Washington DC
As a Business Development Executive, you will be responsible for managing and running the entire sales cycle. You will drive new and incremental revenue by prospecting, acquiring and developing new and expanding business with direct clients. You will build a pipeline for growth and closing business, including statements of work and contracts. You will interact with new and current clients, gather referrals from them and form strong trust relationships that open doors and close deals. You will maintain an extensive knowledge of current market conditions, competitive offerings and current penetration of services and solutions.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Create and maintain access to key business decision makers and generate C-level contacts by networking across the marketplace.
Understand the needs of your stakeholders and marshal the right resources with direct authority.
- Meet with potential clients to grow, maintain and leverage relationships.
- Apply and leverage the Avanade Sales Process, solution selling and account management practices.
- Use detailed, comprehensive industry knowledge and experience to develop and support project strategies and advise and support team members and project partners.
- Travel as needed within your territory.
Your background and skills likely include:
- Selling Digital, Cloud, ERP deals or other large-scale consulting engagements that include global delivery.
- Previewing, identifying and providing fast, effective solutions to unforeseen circumstances.
- Agility to respond to new situations by modifying your performance & adopting new skills and abilities.
- Hunter business development experience with advanced closure capabilities.
- Prescriptive sales principles and practices.
- Shaping and positioning business outcome-oriented propositions.
- Acting as a trusted advisor/discussion partner.
- Strong communication skills, including presenting on general and industry-specific topics.
- You will have 7+ years of experience in business development, relationship building and advanced closure, and in driving sales in a solutions-selling environment at the C-suite level.
At Avanade, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where our people can be the best at what they do. We are proud be among leading organizations who are taking a stand for gender equity, both in and outside the workplace. This includes teaming with like-minded partners who are as passionate as we are about strengthening the role of women in the workplace, including Women in Technology International, Anita Borg Institute and Catalyst.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Requisition ID - 55190
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top