Business Development Executive- Sales - Philly
Sales Jobs- Business Development Executive- Avanade Inc.
About the role
In this sales job, as a Business Development Executive, you will be responsible for generating sales and driving short- and long-term revenue and profit growth through prospecting, acquisition, development, and expansion customer opportunities. In this sales job you will develop long-lasting customer relationships and gather referrals with both new and current Enterprise accounts.
In this sales role, you will focus on a portfolio of named customers and will increase the profitability of that portfolio through innovative deal-shaping and leveraging Avanade's unique value proposition. You will utilize the appropriate processes based on the situation and customer need, determine priorities, and establish a systematic course of action to ensure successful completion of sales. It's the ultimate Services sales job, in an aggressively growing firm and there are no caps on your commissions in this 'hunting' sales job.
Day-to-day, in this sales job, you will:
- Lead and manage customer engagement opportunities including lead generation, deal reviews, negotiations and closing deals. You're the Quarter Back.
- Develop strong customer relationships and drive acquisition of new customers, contributing to company revenue goals
- Leverage strategic partners including the Microsoft Ecosystem and Accenture for proposal creation and delivery
- Develop and execute Account Plans, including sales performance, forecasting, revenue generation and customer satisfaction, everything you'd expect, in addition there are lots of digital tools in this sales job.
- Develop and maintain an opportunity pipeline through the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) System including support for Area Opportunity Pipeline Management Meetings, Forecasting, Opportunity Management and Business and Technical Proposal reviews
- Support local marketing programs for brand development, market awareness, market positioning and market demand generation involving media, analysts and active participation in the IT community
- Travel as needed. In this sales job you're mainly selling in your Regions "backyard" but you may travel for innovation days, training class, and the like.
You're totally focused on the client and have the strong people and presentation skills to build customer relationships and close large deals. You can navigate skillfully through negotiations and act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customers' business needs. You're also the consummate account planner and understand sales pipeline management and sales and revenue quotas, including when to fish and when to cut bait. You've got the business maturity to open doors and have conversations that will uncover the clients true & most important business problems. You know when and how to best use Avanade's vast internal resources and you're an expert at, or have significant experience, driving to transformational business outcomes.
Your prior sales jobs experience and skillset likely includes:
- Prior sales jobs where you have sold SaaS/PaaS/BPaaS solutions to enterprise environments. You faithfully follow a solution selling methodology. You tend to pursue and have experience hunting large-scale, multi-year managed services solutions that have cloud and digital components.
- You skillfully leveraging a network of inside and outside contacts to increase influence
- Selling global onshore/nearshore/offshore solutions and working with global delivery centers
- Solid understanding of Avanade solutions, Microsoft products and technology services, Accenture industry solutions and competitive offerings
- Working with customer teams to identify managed services opportunities, and working through the Avanade sales process from lead generation to deal closings for managed services deals.
- You embrace Frameworks and proven processes that lead to successful, profitable sales & deliveries for your clients
- You think creatively and apply innovative thoughts to ensure your clients success
For this sales job you will likely have at least 6 to 10 years of services sales or consulting sales experience and at least three years of management experience. Your education likely includes a Bachelor's Degree in business, sales or marketing, and you are a stronger candidate to Avanade with an advanced degree (MBA or equivalent).
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Avanade Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade promotes equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, creed, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, status as a protected disabled or Vietnam Era Veteran, disability, or any other legally protected status
Requisition ID - 44689
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top