Business Developer - Lyon
About the role
Avanade's Business Development group is responsible for generating the new business that drives our consistently outstanding growth. This team brings in net-new business and continuously nurtures and expands existing customer relationships by identifying new service and solution opportunities.
As a Manager of Business Development, you're responsible for generating sales and driving revenue through prospecting, acquiring, developing, and expanding business leads. You develop long-term customer relationships, promote cross-discipline sales and gather referrals, while working closely with account teams to create strategic plans for new clients and grow business within an account.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Plan and manage sales performance, forecasting, revenue generation, and customer satisfaction
- Lead and manage customer engagement opportunities from lead generation to deal review, negotiation and closing
- Maintain proficient understanding of Avanade offerings, Microsoft and Accenture solutions and competitors' offerings
- Work with Avanade colleagues, Microsoft and Accenture to develop strong customer relationships, orchestrate cross-sell opportunities and execute account plans
- Develop and maintain opportunity pipeline using Avanade's customer relationship management (CRM) system
- Support local marketing programs for brand development, market awareness, market positioning and demand generation.
This role calls for someone with exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills. You have the ability to grasp and articulate both big-picture vision as well as the tactical steps needed to get there. Your specific skills includes:
- Great negotiator
- Ability to engender client empathy and trust
- Account planning skills
- Fluency in sales pipeline management and revenue quotas
- Ability to leverage network of inside and outside contacts to increase influence.
You'll have deep experience selling large-scale IT projects and solutions that include significant offshore delivery. It's likely you'll have more than five years of services sales or professional consulting experience and at least one to two years of management experience. You'll likely have a Bachelor's degree, preferably in business, sales, or marketing. An advanced degree (MBA or equivalent) is a plus.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience: 5+ years of services sales or professional consulting experience
Management Experience: 1-2+ years of management experience
Education: Bachelor's degree in business, sales or marketing recommended; advanced degree (M.B.A. or equivalent) preferred
- Strong client interface and presentation skills, with a Customer Focus attitude
- Able to skillfully navigate through negotiation phases
- Able to act as a trusted advisor in addressing our customer's business needs
- Proficient Account Planning skills (utilizing the global standard account plan document)
- Knowledgeable of sales pipeline management and sales and revenue quotas
- Solid understanding of Avanade solutions, Microsoft products and technology services, Accenture industry solutions and of competitive offerings
- Experience selling IT projects and solution selling
- Able to leverage network of inside and outside contacts to increase influence
Required Certifications: N/A
Additional Area, Region or Service Line specific requirements:
Additional requirements will depend on specific position focus (e.g., consulting vs. managed services). For example, willingness to travel/amount of travel expected, expected established contacts within local geography business community.
The Manager, Business Development, in the Managed Services Service Line has the following additional requirements:
- Experience selling global on/offshore solutions, working with global delivery centers
- Experience selling large scale, multi-year managed services solutions
- Experience working with customer teams to identify managed services opportunities, and working through the DEEPR process from lead generation to deal closings for managed services deals
Requisition ID - 47145
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top