Business Analysis - Software Consulting
About the role
Business analysis teams gather and analyze client needs, using technology to connect a client's business to the right Avanade solutions and consultants. This involves working with clients to understand existing business processes and contributing to new processes and system designs.
As a Senior Analyst, you will help build and maintain customer relationships by identifying customer needs and ensuring that Avanade technical teams meet them. You also will share responsibility for identifying and communicating risks and issues that may require changes to project plans or scope.
On a daily basis, you will:
- Work with customers and business analysis teams to gather, analyze, prioritize and document customer requirements
- Transfer functional requirements to development and test teams
- Work with and learn from senior analysts
- Collaborate with peers to ensure highest quality standards and establish best practices
- Mentor junior analysts
- Continuously learn and improve individual and team work practices and quality.
You are an analytical thinker who works well with superiors, peers and subordinates, customers and colleagues. You seek out opportunities to help your team and expand your knowledge. You are bold and articulate in pointing out project issues and risks and recommending solutions.
It is likely that you have these attributes:
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Comfortable and personable in interactions with colleagues and customers
- Great time management and organizational skills
- Self-starter and motivated to complete tasks on time
- Detail-oriented and deadline-driven.
With at least a year of work experience, you likely have a Bachelor's degree in business, information technology, or similar field.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience: 2 + years experience
Management Experience: None
Education: Strong educational background
- Experience participating in requirements gathering process for IT systems
- Strong client interface and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen
- Track record of initiative and outstanding performance
- Excellent interpersonal skills-'Customer Focus'
- Ability to quickly build relationships
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Passion for learning
- The ability to effectively bridge the gap between the business and IT organizations
- Strong time management skills
- Willingness to travel (80%)
- Process documentation and analysis
- Ability to specify system requirements for business processes (data, presentation, and logic)
- Requirements gathering methods and tools
- Understanding of software development and implementation life-cycle
- PowerPoint, Word, Excel
- Microsoft Project (working knowledge)
- Microsoft certification a plus
- Understanding of concepts and applications of Microsoft technologies preferred
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top