Azure/Linux System Engineer - Southeast Region
About the Job
Our Infrastructure Services group manages the systems that keep us and our clients ahead of the pack. As a consultant, you will design, install, and configure enterprise technology architecture. Your knowledge and technical expertise in systems design will support and respond to client needs.
As a Senior Azure on Linux Systems Engineer you will plan, analyze, design, test, and deploy enterprise scale Microsoft cloud infrastructure solutions. You will be a technical subject matter expert on both cloud and on-premise IT systems. As a Cloud Systems Engineer, you will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the Microsoft cloud offerings and promote innovative solutions to our customers. You will develop relationships with key customer stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Design and deploy enterprise-scale, complex cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Lead technical discussions with senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation approaches.
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements to establish new could platforms.
- Travel to customer sites as needed.
You are a strong technologist with solid business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as you are with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Your skillset likely includes:
- Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, especially in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations.
- Working with global teams and offshore resources.
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
You likely have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology, or a similar field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree. Within two years of hire or credential availability, you will obtain a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification in Windows Server 2012 and a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification in Server Infrastructure.
- 5+ years' experience working in an IT role, with 3+ years implementing and supporting IT infrastructure
- Advanced knowledge in infrastructure technologies including (but not limited to):
- Azure Services
- RedHat Enterprise Linux, AIX and Solaris Servers
- Azure SQL
- Active Directory
- UNIX, Linux and Windows - Install, configuration and managing production and development systems
- Enterprise data protection
- IPv4 and IPv6 TCP/IP architecture
- Firewall technologies
- Shell Scripting (Bash) and task automations
Requisition ID - 53786
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top