Azure Solutions Architect
Do you love living in the cloud? Are you passionate about helping clients to get the most out of their cloud investments ? So are we.
As an Azure Solutions Architect or Azure Architect, you are involved in all the project phases from defining new technical architectures, proposing creative solutions in line with the company's value proposition and providing support for the implementation of enterprise architecture based on the latest generation methodologies: Microservices, Cloud native, Serverless, Azure PaaS and Container-based. In the role you will be also responsible for estimating, costing, pricing and preparing the final offer.
At Avanade, our vision is to be the leading digital innovator, realizing results for our clients and their customers through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. You will be given an exciting opportunity to help us achieve this, working on a wide variety of differing projects for an exciting mix of diverse clients.
You're a natural communicator and trusted technology advisor who wants to help our clients in their Cloud journey.
You love having oversight of the design and implementation of change initiatives and are inspired by realizing results. With your persuasive interpersonal skills and your belief in the power of change, you get everyone passionate about moving in a new direction. You prioritise what's meaningful, focus on positives, and know what it takes for companies to leap forward.
You are likely to have a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, MIS, Information Technology or similar. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be suitable. You also have 7+ years of experience in systems engineering and/or infrastructure.
Your skills and experience include:
- 2-5 years experience working in Ireland, preferably in a consulting services based environment
- Deep understanding of cloud technologies, including enterprise or hosting provider services SaaS, PaaS and IaaS Solutions
- Knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations
- Extensive experience with microservices and API based solution architectures, Azure cloud native application architectures and design patterns
- Extensive experience with modern web application architectures/frameworks (Angular, React, etc.)
- Deep knowledge of the DevOps practices for on-prem and on cloud projects
- Knowledge of RDBMS and/or NOSQL databases
- Basic knowledge of analytics and cognitive services
- Ability to design product/solution architectures, by translating customers' requirements to a solution and ability to validate/ implement complex solutions
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills - working directly with our clients, alongside our high performing team of consultants, or within a client team as a subject matter expert.
- You are able to communicate and present complex information to technical and non-technical partners, both verbally and in written form.
- Knowledge of industry standard project execution methodologies like Agile/SCRUM
- Ability to assess market technology choices to figure out fit, including software, hardware, Cloud/SaaS/PaaS
- Ability to collaborate with geographically distributed cross-functional teams
- Translate complex functional, technical, and business requirements into architectural designs
- Conduct proofs of concept for new technologies where required
About the job
As an Azure Solutions Architect with Avanade you will help our clients realize the full potential of Azure and work on some of the largest leading-edge projects.
Day to day you will:
- Design, develop and deploy enterprise-scale, complex Azure solutions.
- Perform end-to-end solution shaping and solution architecture for Cloud Applications Migration and Modernisation, including estimation, solution planning and interlocking with the appropriate Avanade teams to build the optimal customer outcome
- Deliver technical leadership and architecture on our engagements, as well as provide feedback around the evolution of solutions
- Liaise with other solution architects in similar roles and global product management to define standardized solution baselines, application add-ons as well as industrialized delivery options
- Lead in all phases of Avanade projects (Plan, Analyse, Design, Build and Test)
- Assist in advising clients on an overall IT plans including efficiently spending on existing and new technologies and integrating technology solutions in ways that build value for the organisation
- Work and communicate effectively with clients to ensure smooth and successful design and implementation of Avanade solutions
- Help establish partnership with multi-functional technology and design teams to integrate technology, operations, and solution requirements into solution strategies
- Oversee ongoing development of infrastructure solutions within designated computing environments
- Define information technology operations, processes, procedures and toolsets to manage and maintain requirements specified for a solution
- Manage change plan implementation to ensure successful project delivery and deployment
- Taking an active role in operational and business-development aspects of the consulting practice
- Travel to customer sites as needed.
Why Avanade? Because there's no place like this!
If you're a self-starter, an optimist and someone who loves to get things done, you'll fit right in at Avanade. People who thrive here are motivated, interested in learning and genuinely have a desire to be the best at what they do. If that's sounds like you, you sound good to us.
In return, you'll have access to the latest technology in the Microsoft ecosystem, partnering with some of the biggest and the best companies across the globe and some seriously forward-thinking people to work with to make career-defining things happen.
If you'd like to get even better at what you do and transform businesses from the inside out, there's no better place.
What we offer
Opportunity to work for a Microsoft Gold partner with unrivalled development and training (80 hours per year for training and paid certifications)
- Competitive base salary
- Reward and Recognition scheme
- Wide benefits package
- Avanade University - real-time access to technical and skilled resources globally
- Dedicated career manager to encourage your progression
- Engaged and helpful coworkers genuinely interested in you
As is the nature of working within a global professional services environment, your clients and projects will change over time so the flexibility to travel is a pre-requisite. All our roles are project based so typically will involve working on client site throughout Ireland.
Back to top