Azure Infrastructure Architect
About The Job
Our Infrastructure Services function manages the systems that keep us and our clients ahead of the pack. As a consultant, you will design, install and configure enterprise technology architecture. Your knowledge and technical expertise in systems design will support and respond to client needs.
As a Cloud System Engineer you will plan, analyze, design, test and deploy enterprise scale Microsoft cloud infrastructure solutions. You will be a technical subject matter expert on both cloud and on premise IT systems. As a Cloud System Engineer you will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the Microsoft cloud offerings and promote innovative solutions to our customers. You will develop relationships with key customer stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Designing and deploying enterprise-wide, complex cloud infrastructure solutions.
- Leading technical discussions with senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation.
- Reviewing and managing technical requirements and business functional requirements for establishing new could platforms.
- Designing architecture with Microsoft Azure that meets customer's technical, security, and business needs for apps/workloads.
- Executing technical feasibility for moving workloads to Azure.
- Traveling to customer sites as needed.
You are a solid technologist with strong business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as with client business users, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions.
Your skillset likely includes:
- Consulting experience with large scale migrations to Microsoft Azure.
- Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, especially in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations.
- Working with global teams and offshore resources.
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
You likely have a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, computer engineering, management information systems, information technology, or a similar field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute for a degree. Within two years of hire or credential availability, you will obtain a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification in Windows Server 2012 and a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification in Server Infrastructure.
- Experience with large scale migrations to Microsoft Azure
- Knowledge of cloud technologies, including enterprise or hosting provider services SaaS, PaaS and IaaS Solutions
- Knowledge of Team Foundation Server / Azure Team Services
- Experience with provisioning a virtualized cloud service environment
- Knowledge of cloud system engineering principles and considerations
- Experience with PowerShell, PowerShell Workflow and troubleshooting PowerShell ISE
- Knowledge of IT security risks
- Working knowledge of following technologies:
- Service Management Automation (SMA) and/or Windows Azure Stack
- Azure Foundation (Subscription, Network, Compute, Features)
- Microsoft System Center (VMM, OM, SM, Orchestrator)
- Hyper-V (VMware, KVM hypervisor exposure desired)
- Identity Management (Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Microsoft Identity Manager/FIM)
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 47946
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top