Azure DevOps Engineer
- Waltham, MA
Azure Cloud Software Engineers create technical specifications based on software requirements and develop components of new applications using the Microsoft technology stack.
You will: design, develop and test mission-critical enterprise solutions, software programs, and custom application development projects using the .NET Framework, C# ASP.NET, SQL Server, Azure, Stream Analytics, COSMOS and other advanced components of Microsoft technology; lead teams in developing and maintaining web applications created on the Angular and Microsoft framework; perform maintenance, test, document results, debug, and repair software program and applications; monitor computer system performance, identify, and escalate problems or risks, and manage scope and requirements changes.
In addition to a bachelor's degree, five years of experience that includes analyzing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application code in a variety of contexts; developing client-based and/or web-based software solutions and cloud applications.
- Azure DevOps implementation using ADO (VSTS), TFS, .Net, SQL, SQL BI, Ansible, performance assessment
- At least five years of experience with web application and SQL coding
- Experience in the creation of VSTS / TFS build and release pipelines, custom build & release scripts, configuration of VSTS Artifactory & TFS drop location and TFS build controllers
- Proficient in configuration of VSTS / TFS build server, controller and build / deployment agent pools on server
- Proficiency with Microsoft Azure Infrastructure management
- Experience with Ansible script creation and modification for environment configuration
- Proficiency in ADO (VSTS) / TFS concepts on security control, backlog management, branching, merging and code reversal.
- Proficiency in Git version control
- Excellent troubleshooting all build and deployment issues
- Proficiency with coding / debugging of custom build and deployment scripts in PowerShell, Ansible runbooks, YML builds, C# .Net, MS Build, BAT and vb10
Important Note about this Future Opportunity:
We are actively recruiting and interviewing for this 'Future Opportunity' position, however will not be extending offers at the present time.
The outbreak and spread of COVID-19 has created uncertainty for many, and during this period Avanade is focused on the personal safety and well-being of our employees and candidates. The good news is that Avanade is a 38,000-person organization that depends on new ways of working every day and we've been relying on our workplace experience to empower our employees - wherever they're working - for 20 years now. Thanks to our workplace platforms - the likes of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint and more - we've been able to continue delivering work seamlessly and connecting with talent to explore opportunities for tomorrow.
What does that mean for you? It means you can apply and interview virtually, via video, for a future career opportunity without pressure to make a decision. It means that you will have the chance to connect with leaders and hiring managers at your own pace.
We encourage you to speak candidly with your recruiter about your career aspirations and expectations throughout this recruiting process. In return, we are committed to being transparent with you about our intent and goals around this position.
Back to top