Growing our Cloud business and presence in the market is a strategic priority for Avanade both globally and in Europe alike. In line with our growth aspirations we are seeking to expand and strengthen our Azure solution capability, specifically in the UK. As an Azure Developer you will work to support the creation of various Cloud-based solutions and services for our customers (UCaaS, IaaS, PaaS, SaaS).
Day-to-day, you will:
- The delivery of Azure based technical solutions that may range from a purely PaaS based solutions through crafting underlying cloud infrastructure.
- Offering technical recommendations on a key cloud based application system designs.
- Supporting pre-sales activities through the delivery of proof of concepts, assisting architects and sales lead in crafting cloud (Azure) based solutions and making key technical recommendations.
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with a wider Avanade community.
- Supplying to technical design leadership during client engagements.
- Working closely with our Talent Communities and act as a technical SME, supporting our teams with their capability development and skills growth.
About you Your technical skills likely include:
- History of a strong demonstrable experience in client-based and/or web-based Microsoft technologies and tools such as C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server (stored procedures, SSIS, complex schema design etc.) and/or BizTalk, Visual Studio, TFS etc.
- Deeply comfortable with various application and integration design patterns such tier model, MVP, messaging, message broker, event driven etc.
- At least 1 years of experience in PaaS offerings such as Compute, app service, data and enterprise integration. You are expected to demonstrate solid understanding (and experience in at least 3 key technologies such as Web Apps, API Apps, SQL or NoSQL databases, Service Fabric, Logic Apps, Azure Functions, and Service Bus.
- Good understanding of Azure infrastructure architecture that include Windows/Linux based Compute services, storage components such as blob, file, and queue services, networking services such as VNets, load balancer, network security groups etc.
- Proficient in analysing, designing, developing, implementing and maintaining application code.
- Comfortable with various software delivery methodologies including both waterfall, and agile practices.
- Key Microsoft certifications demonstrating knowledge of Azure based solutions
- Possess understanding of delivery models such as DevOps, CI/CD using VSTS, configuration management, and containers.
- Good understanding of Azure security and management service offerings including automation, and Active Directory.
- Awareness of key Azure SaaS offerings such as Office 365, dynamics on cloud etc.
Your non-technical skills likely include:
- Experience interacting with external clients in a professional Growth Market
- Self-driven individual who can work on his/her own and/or as part of global project teams e.g. Offshore
- Comfortable with communicating and participating in discussions that involve key senior partners
- Solid written and spoken English skills
What we offer
- Opportunity to work for Microsoft gold partner with unrivalled development and training
- Competitive base salary
- Access to Avanade University
- Dedicated career manager to support your progression
Travel Requirement Travel can be up to 80%. Our projects are based all over the UK.
If the project to which you are assigned is not within commutable distance, you will usually stay in a hotel room 3 nights per week in order to work on-site 4 days per week. The 5th day is usually worked from home.
Due to the nature of our business, this travel requirement is non negotiable.
Back to top