Azure Containers Consultant
Think that Microsoft can do unbelievably cool things? So do we.
Avanade is currently hiring highly skilled and dynamic IT Consultant with Microsoft Azure and Container platform experience to join our consulting Infrastructure team, on a permanent basis. In this consultancy role, travel across the UK is required.
You will naturally have a proven foundation in core Microsoft infrastructure technologies. You will demonstrate prior experience and expertise in large scale cloud and container deployment projects where organisations have deployed Azure based solutions and have been involved in transforming their application estate with a container orchestrator platform such as Kubernetes or Docker EE.
You will show solid experience in some of the key areas and technologies:
• Project delivery experience, requirements gathering and ability to produce high quality written documentation
• Azure resource manager portal
• Configuration and deployment experience in two or more of the following:
- Azure PaaS technologies
- Azure Kubernetes Service
- Docker Enterprise Edition
- Azure apps technologies such as AzureSQL, AppProxy, Azure AD etc.
- IaaS such as VMs, Virtual networks, Express Routes, Standard/Premium storage etc.
- Experience with MS Visual Studio TFS, Azure Dev Ops, Visual Studio Online (VSO), Visual Studio Code
- Azure Container Instances
• Deep understanding of cloud security, using Windows operating systems, Active Directory (AD), Federated AD, AD integration
• Dev Ops practices for container orchestration and life cycle management
• Azure networking and proxied container networks advanced networking for containers
• Cloud migration using Azure Site Recovery (ASR)
• Understanding of the design and build of highly available systems
• Deployments using Powershell DSC/AZ CLI etc.
• Loadbalancing, reverse proxies, SSL offloading and data ingress models
Expertise in any of the below areas is also helpful
• Azure Dev Ops pipelines
• Application lifecycle automation
• SQL Server
• Active Directory
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at http://www.avanade.com/
What we offer:
This is a superb opportunity to be in a rewarding role, that offers an ongoing training. Avanade pays for all Microsoft certifications and recognises your dedication by offering you a strong career path. You will have an exposure to work on complex but exciting projects, using variety of Microsoft stack technologies.
• We are encouraging our employees to cross-train and develop their skills around different Microsoft technologies
• We are looking for people with a real passion, dynamic approach and enthusiasm for technology!
• You'll have ample opportunities for career growth and personal development, including continuing professional technology training and management training
Avanade® is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate applicants without regard to race, colour, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Back to top