Associate Creative Director | NY Digital Studio
About the role
Avanade's Digital Studios are standalone, agency-like, cross functional team of individuals, who will deliver end-to-end digital projects from strategy and design, through build and on-going support and optimization. Studio team members work side by side with clients on cutting-edge projects that add a layer of creative, world class delivery, on top of repeatable technology solutions. Our Studios are made up of UX and Visual folks, Digital Strategists, Content Strategists, Business Analysts, Tech Leads/UI Developers, and Delivery Managers-most of whom have lots of experience working at Digital Agencies.
As Associate Creative Director (Group Manager) for the Digital Studio, you will work with the Creative Director to lead and review customer engagements and manage delivery of creative deliverables. You will focus on design-oriented work and ensure that deliverables and solutions meet clients' and users' specified goals with efficiency, effectiveness and a quality client experience. You will manage and review engagements with responsibility for outputs, timelines and budgets. You will translate strategic high-level direction into business strategies and processes to achieve goals.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Lead research from a visual design perspective to gain insights to guide design decisions
- Lead visual design explorations to generate ideas, find the best solutions and craft a compelling visual language
- Lead teams in creating a design strategy-including the brand's promise, insights from users and competitive analysis-to inform interface and interaction elements
- Develop a visual language that communicates a brand's goals and expresses its rationale so other visual designers, developers and future teammates can build upon it
- Produce high-quality visual designs from concept to execution including those for desktop, web and mobile devices
- Use prototyping tools to convey design intent
- Integrate core tenets of responsive and adaptive design into work
- Understand the basics of HTML/CSS/JS to be aware of how visuals translate to code
- Travel as needed (up to 50% of the time.)
Years of Experience:
7+ years relevant design experience
2+ years managing people/teams
Bachelor's degree in Design, Graphic Design, or similar degree; experience may substitute for degree. Master's degree in related discipline a plus.
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates an expert capability in design principles and solutions
- Extensive experience with visual design, principles of UI design, layouts, graphics development, typography, color and visual theories
- Knowledge of user experience disciplines such as UX architecture, research, usability and content strategies
- Expert with Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Trained and experienced in digital design, web and mobile development in an enterprise environment
- B2B and B2C experience highly valued
- Experience designing with mobile layouts in mind
- Knowledge of UX disciplines such as UX architecture, research, usability and content strategies
- Capable of understanding and articulating technical feasibility of solutions
- Capable of communicating with technical developers to transfer design to deliverables
- Working with cross-functional teams
- Training and experience in digital design, including web and mobile for an enterprise environment
- Leading multiple teams and projects.
You are a driven professional with expertise in design principles and solutions for both B2B and B2C. You have extensive experience with visual design, principles of UI design, layouts, graphics development, typography, color and visual theories. You understand and can articulate the technical feasibility of solutions and communicate with technical developers to translate design into deliverables.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 30,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate.
At Avanade, we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace where our people can be the best at what they do. We are proud be among leading organizations who are taking a stand for gender equity, both in and outside the workplace. This includes teaming with like-minded partners who are as passionate as we are about strengthening the role of women in the workplace, including Women in Technology International, Anita Borg Institute and Catalyst.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Learn more at www.avanade.com
Requisition ID - 54047
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top