About the role
The IT Infrastructure Engineering team plans, designs, implements, supports and maintains internal Avanade technology systems based on the latest Microsoft technologies. Our internal IT systems are vital to our overall competitive positioning, and our ability to deliver leading-edge solutions to clients.
As a Senior Consultant in IT Infrastructure Engineering, you will contribute to or lead critical infrastructure projects. You will work with internal colleagues and global and offshore resources to manage one or more workstreams and ensure consistent, on-time solution delivery. You will stay up-to-date on infrastructure best practices and help Avanade continuously improve its technology and practices.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Contribute to infrastructure planning, design, implementation and test, as well as to DevOps activities and standards
- Evaluate and assist with infrastructure designs and new technology releases
- Oversee migration to latest Microsoft systems and technologies, assessing the impact and risk of changes to production systems
- Create tools and guides for repeatable server builds and deployments
- Lead test efforts to troubleshoot and resolve system and service failures
- Proactively identify potential issues through system analysis and lead system recovery efforts.
You are an experienced software engineer who can also communicate and lead. You like staying up-to-date on the latest software and infrastructure technologies and helping business colleagues understand their benefits in solving real business problems.
Key technical skills you possess likely include:
- Experience in several of the following areas: infrastructure solutions (especially Microsoft); hardware/software installation, virtualization and configuration; web server support; cloud technologies; networking; data center operations; platform migration; enterprise directories; Microsoft Exchange Server; Microsoft Internet Information Server; Windows Server; SQL Server; Microsoft SharePoint; monitoring solutions; Microsoft System Center
- Familiarity with operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility
- Understanding of clustering technologies
- Familiarity with Windows PowerShell scripting
- Ability to identify and work with non-functional requirements.
Key non-technical skills you possess likely include:
- Solid ability to communicate complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Experience working with global teams
- Strong written and spoken English skills.
You likely have four years of systems and infrastructure engineering experience and a Bachelor's Degree, preferably in an IT-related field. With our support, you will commit to attaining Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate and Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert certifications within two years of hire.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Years of Experience: 2-5 yrs of IT industry experience required, including global IT organizations
Management Experience: N/A
Education: Undergraduate degree required, IS-related field preferred
- Demonstrated experience in:
- Platform Migration and Deployments: Software and hardware installation, virtualization, configuration, web server support, installation and maintenance of Windows operating systems, Exchange, IIS, SQL Server, Microsoft Office SharePoint Server and Windows Server, and desktop configuration
- Networking: Networking protocols, network design, backups, security, monitoring, hardware load balancing technologies and change control procedures
- Demonstrated strong knowledge and proficiency in two or more of the following:
- Operations Management
Required Certifications: MCITP EA certification
Additional Area, Region or Service Line specific requirements: N/A
Requisition ID - 53693
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top