Application Modernization Architect
The Application Modernization Architect sells, assesses, defines, implements, and supports information technology architectures, for Avanade and for our clients. The role is responsible for driving Azure Application Development initiatives for our customers in the Cloud. This role owns the Azure technical customer engagement including: architectural design sessions, specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concepts for App Development initiatives.
The architect works on a variety of projects, ranging in levels of difficulty from simple IT projects to large-scale, enterprise-level change programs, all with the common goal to find the best solution for our clients possible by coordinating meetings with the DevOp and Agile team, conducting architecture assessments and defining solutions to produce a detailed technical design document and work with our clients to provide them with training and expertise on our solutions.
Day-to-day you will:
- Establish Avanade as the leading Cloud innovator in the market
- Drive and develop technology vision, innovation, expertise, and thought leadership
- Participate in open communication and fact-based decision making individually and within a team
- Analyze the alignment of business capabilities with delivered technology and IT solutions using the business landscape and enterprise
- Research, identify, and recommend industry best practices for solving business problems
- Interact with senior management levels at a client and/or within Avanade which involves negotiating or influencing on significant matters
- Lead solution planning, design efforts across teams and work streams, delivering value for clients
- Support the technology solutioning and estimating in proposals, planning and pricing
- Support and oversee the work of team members through routine supervision
- Work to innovate new or existing solutions with the Microsoft Ecosystem while simultaneously coaching the team towards agility
- Coordinate meetings for complex issues within the DevOp and Agile team to coach them to better understand and align to internal and external business issues and best practices
The ideal candidate possesses strong end-to-end Cloud customer deployment experience on Application Development projects and has experience in customer facing roles and success leading deep technical architecture and application design discussions with senior customer executives to drive cloud deployment.
- 7+ years of experience in Software Engineering roles working with Microsoft Technologies ASP.net, C#, SQL, PhP,
- 3+ years as a Solutions Architect on Cloud projects,
- Focus on Application Development and Modernization with significant enterprise experience with Software Engineering/Development,
- Deep understanding of Cloud Technology and emerging trends,
- Strong understanding of Cloud Models
- In-depth experience with Cloud Technologies including:
- Azure App Services
- Azure Websites
- Azure Mobile Services
- Azure API Apps
- Azure Logic Apps
- Experience delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions / projects with heavy client interaction.
Skills / Knowledge / Experience Requirements:
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organizations,
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, especially strong influencing and negotiation capabilities,
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects,
- Ability to guide teams in development, production, and promotion of solution offerings,
- Significant experience with off-shore teams and delivery.
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, marital status or any other protected status. Avanade is also committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Requisition ID - 46730
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top