Application Development / Transformation Architect and Large Deal leader
The Application Development / Transformation Architect and Large Deal Leader is a leadership role responsible for the shaping and development of the most complicated and strategic application development opportunities in their assigned geography. Geography in this case is North America.
This role is responsible for assisting the regional field teams in developing, solutioning, and proposing opportunities, influencing the Application Development / Transformation business strategy, and delivering against sales and financial performance measures. This includes software engineering, DevOps, modern software architecture, microservices, web, mobile, rich-client, middleware across the software development ecosystem but with an emphasis on the Microsoft Platform.
The Application Development / Transformation Architect and Large Deal Leader will provide go to market and origination enablement and support for the Regions. This will be executed through alignment with region sales and delivery leadership, and target offering team. This Architect supports quality and solutions in their Area, mitigating future and resolving present quality/delivery issues. The Application Development / Transformation Architect and Large Deal Leader is expected to support cross-Market Unit solutions and outcomes, ensuring Avanade delivers full-spectrum solutions and value for clients and results for the business.
This role is also accountable for ensuring successful delivery outcomes through their leadership in the assigned Area, and will be working directly with clients (on projects and otherwise) to drive delivery, and sales results.
Business & Commercial:
- Partners with peers in the CoE, other geographies and with the Market Unit Leads to help establish effective large deal development
- Supports business development through all stages of the DEEPR deal pursuit process; reviews and approves deals and ROMs at the assigned geo-level
- Effectively positions Market Unit and cross-Market Unit offerings within the Regional sales channel
- Develops strong, effective relationships with regional Offering Leads to develop winning strategies and engage in joint sales pursuits
- Leads solution planning, design efforts across teams and work streams, delivering value for clients (chargeability may vary by geo)
- Manages effective delivery of Market Unit work to clients, ensuring adherence to Avanade methodologies to meet Avanade and client financial expectations; collaborates with DM leads to surface delivery issues and estimate EAC outcomes
- Becomes a direct partner to clients, particularly at executive level, ensuring they receive required engagement value.
- Ensures strong client satisfaction and appropriate follow-up to client satisfaction survey results; enables and ensures lighthouse success stories throughout project offerings.
- Maximizes involvement of GDN in solution planning and ensures that deal is shaped to optimize leverage of GDN
- Supports Market Unit personnel activities, including hiring, staffing, skills forecasting and career development
- Implements practices and discipline to manage employee utilization
- supports chargeability targets for the geo, developing strategies to deliver targets
- 15+ years' relevant technology architecture and business leadership experience, including solution sales, enterprise architecture and business management
- 10+ years of demonstrated people and/or business leadership experience, particularly leading consultants or architects
- Bachelor's degree in business or technology-related field required; advanced degree strongly preferred, particularly technical (IT, engineering, or related) or MBA
- Focus on and knowledge of Cloud technologies and strong working knowledge of Microsoft technology, architecture and functionality.
Business Leadership Experience
- Deep experience in software development and applying enterprise architectures to drive client value
- Experience helping grow a technology services business through strategy and sales contribution
- Experience establishing a presence in the target market and in the minds of key clients through client interactions and executive presence
- Experience with sales principles and practices, including business development, marketing, and complex channel management
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organizations
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, especially strong influencing capabilities
- Track record in developing and growing long term, high value client relationships
- Experience delivering solutions for client organizations through complex solutions / projects with heavy client interaction
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects
- Ability to guide and direct leadership teams in development, production, and promotion of solution offerings
- Significant experience with off-shore teams and delivery
- Deep technical expertise in domains relevant to Offering solution portfolio
Requisition ID - 52708
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top