Analytics Talent Community Lead
About the role
Building our analytical capabilities is a core pillar of Avanade's strategy. Our business is built around complex technology projects which cross business areas and borders with our worldwide client base.
The scope of the Analytics Talent Community Lead job is multifaceted, demanding a depth and breadth of technical knowledge. To excel in this role, you will use your strategic outlook while maintaining a strong practical focus on day-to-day activities and changing requirements.
As a leader, you'll build a collaborative team, forge strong client and partner relationships, and manage stakeholder expectations internally and externally.
Day-to-day, you will:
Provide Technical Leadership on Projects and Sales Pursuits
- Work with clients to understand business requirements and technical environment and use this in designing data and analytics solutions
- Define the data and analytics platform architecture and blueprint for enterprise Big Data and Analytics initiatives along with roadmaps and reference architectures
- Clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms;
- Develop overall project plans and vision for data and analytics solutions, providing a comprehensive roadmap and solution for clients' needs
- Be the solution architect on bids and pursuits and guide the solution through the stages of developing win themes, solution design, effort estimation, pricing, and proposal development
- Work with the Market Unit leadership to understand go-to-market strategy, focus deals skills requirements
- Define skills and capabilities requirements of the Analytics TC
- Conceptualize, create and execute skills development and training programs to address any skills gaps and to up-skill resources
- Promote a continuous improvement mindset through training and team initiatives
- Work with Talent Acquisition team and the resource scheduling team to align project demand with consultant availability.
You're adept at communications, especially with influencing and negotiation capabilities that help you establish and grow solutions with key clients and stakeholders both internal and external. Internally, you enjoy advising teams in the development, production, and promotion of solution offerings to grow a technology services line of business.
In addition, your professional skillset likely includes:
- Background and experience in data strategy & roadmap development, data management, Business Intelligence (data modelling, data warehousing, ETL, reporting and visualization) and analytics.
- Track record of delivering Data & Analytics solutions for client organizations through complex solutions / projects with strong client consulting and interaction
- Experience on Apache Spark or Databricks for data transformation and data engineering workloads for both batch and streaming use cases
- Strong understanding across cloud components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end cloud-based data and analytics architectures (Azure, AWS, Google)
- Client consulting and project-leadership experience working with third-party clients
- Experience working across the organizational ecosystem and partnering with other teams (e.g. application development, enterprise architecture, security etc.)
- Good understanding of industry trends, customer challenges, drivers and technologies to address customer problems
- Ability to effectively team with peers in a large, matrixed organizations, including significant experience with off-shore teams and delivery
- Strong consulting / project-based background, including assessing and managing the opportunity and risk associated with large scale, complex projects
Azure, AWS, IBM, Google
Preferred Education Background:
Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
- 10-12 years of experience across data strategy, roadmap development, data warehousing and database management (data profiling, cataloging, data ingestion, data modelling, data migration and data warehouse setup) and data analytics.
- 2-3 years of experience architecting solutions with big data technologies across data ingestion, stream processing, storage and analytics workloads - either open source stack (Hadoop ecosystem) or proprietary stacks like Microsoft, IBM etc.
- 4-5 years of supervisory experience managing data and analytics teams
Back to top