Analytics Experience, Consultant
About the role
The Data Engineering team uses comprehensive data analytics to support business decisions at Avanade and for Avanade clients. It collects, aggregates and analyzes data from multiple internal and external sources and reports patterns, insights and trends to Avanade decision-makers. Its goal is to support the use of data-driven insights in business performance, opportunities for improvement and identification of root cause problem analysis.
As a Data Engineering Analyst, you will collect, aggregate, store, and reconcile data in support of Avanade business decisions. You will help design and build reporting tools, information dashboards, data generators and other end-user information portals and insight tools. You will be a critical part of the data supply chain, ensuring that stakeholders can access and manipulate data for routine and ad hoc analysis.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Contribute to the planning and delivery of data warehouse and storage architecture.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of data design services, providing sizing and configuration assistance, and performing needs assessments.
- Analyzes current business practices, processes and procedures as well as identifying future business opportunities for leveraging data storage and retrieval system capabilities.
- Design, develop, customize and maintain schematics, layouts, and architectures for both transactional and dimensional databases for data storage and data analysis.
- Deliver data to end users using SQL Reporting Services, Excel, PowerPivot and Power BI.
- Customize database architecture, data storage, data extraction, metadata and repository creation.
- Create and implement effective metrics and monitoring processes.
- Participate in the design and development of business intelligence reporting solutions.
- Produce actionable reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations, and display root cause analysis of problems.
- Program and maintain report forms and formats, information dashboards, data generators, canned reports and other end-user information portals or resources.
- 80% travel as needed.
You are a data geek and proud of it. You know your way around current database technology and data reporting tools, but you also understand the point of it all—to produce solid insights to drive business decisions. You have a good analytical mind on top of excellent technical skills.
Your background and skills likely includes:
- Knowledge of database storage, collection and aggregation models, techniques and technologies and the ability to apply such methods to solve business problems.
- Knowledge of structured problem-solving assignments
- Strong project management and people management skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint, PowerPivot, SRSS, Excel (with embedded Pivot Tables and macros)
- Some SQL skills.
You likely have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related field.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
- 1+ years SQL Server (On-Prem or Cloud)
- 1+ years creating reports with SQL Reporting Services or equivalent
- Power BI
- Azure Machine Learning
- Azure SQL Database
- SQL Server on IaaS
- Azure Data Factory
- Azure Stream Analytics
- Azure Storage Solutions (blob, files, tables)
- Azure SQL Data Warehouse
Avanade® Is An Equal Opportunity Employer. Avanade prohibits discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability, veteran, military or marital status, genetic information or any other protected status.
Requisition ID - 47149
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Senior Analyst, Business & Technology Integration
Kristin interprets program requirements between the client and her project team to ensure clear communication and customer satisfaction.
Back to top