As a Analytics Architect, you will work with clients to translate their business strategy and requirements into solutions and services that realize clients' vision for their business. This role is critical in creating new business value for our clients through diverse data and analytics capabilities, such as data engineering, data modeling, and data interaction and visualization. You will also work with diverse Avanade teams and senior leaders of client organizations to stitch diverse analytics capabilities and requirements into business-changing solutions. Analytics Architects collaborate with Enterprise Architects to effectively blend data and analytics into business processes.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Day-to-day you will:
- Define the technical platform strategy for enterprise data initiatives;
- Responsible for the development of architecture blueprints, roadmaps, and reference architectures;
- Perform detailed analysis of business problems and technical environments and use this in designing the solution;
- Benchmark systems, analyze system bottlenecks and propose solutions to eliminate them;
- Clearly articulate pros and cons of various technologies and platforms;
- Work with program and project managers in the design, planning and governance of implementing projects of any kind;
- Develop overall project plans and strategic vision for data and analytics solutions, providing a comprehensive roadmap for clients' needs.
- Provide high-level architectural expertise to sales, project and other analytics teams.
- Support development of architectural products and deliverables for the enterprise and operational business lines.
- Perform a key management and thought leadership role in the areas of advanced data techniques, including data modeling, data access, data integration, data visualization, text mining, data discovery, statistical methods, database design and implementation.
- Support development of strategy roadmap for the enterprise; including data modeling, implementation and data management for our enterprise data warehouse and advanced data analytics systems.
- Build relationships with architects across the company and collaborate on promoting architectural best practices across the company.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
- Extensive experience of providing architectural direction to project development teams
- Proven experience in overall data management, data modelling, metadata management, and data movement
- Experience architecting solutions with big data technologies across data ingestion, stream processing, storage and analytics workloads - either open source or proprietary stacks like Microsoft, IBM etc.
- Strong understanding across cloud components (server, storage, network, data, and applications) to deliver end to end cloud based data and analytics architectures
- Data warehousing and database management experience
- Experience with NoSQL databases and tools (i.e. Hadoop, Hive Spark, etc.)
- Demonstrable professional experience in designing solutions for advance analytics, machine learning, with large scale, complex data sets
- Able to explain complex technologies, architectural principles and concepts in non-technical language
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Experience partnering on analytics-related sales pursuits
- Client consulting and project-leadership experience working with third-party clients
Azure, AWS, IBM, Google
Preferred Education Background:
Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with at least 15 years of working experience in a similar role.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
You likely have about 5-7+ years of demonstrable experience mining and analysing complex data sets, preferably in a consulting environment or a combination of experience and relevant education.
Scope of Work:
Nature of Work: Creates and implements work plans for assigned projects, programs, and/or clients against established operational objectives; supports translation of group strategy into objectives and work plans.
Scope of Work: Provides operational leadership for large-scale, strategically critical work efforts requiring significant coordination.
Complexity: Complex problems that span work domains and require continual alignment to internal and external business issues to deliver expected results across groups.
Discretion: Wide latitude in approach to work, including ability to reshape work plans, guided by professional best practices and domain expertise.
Organizational Impact: Work efforts have significant impact on near- and medium-term Avanade and/or client operations. If client-facing, should contribute to client-relationship and sales outcomes.
Supervision Received: Works independently, with occasional validation of work efforts against strategic and operational objectives. Significant latitude in judgment & approach.
Supervision Provided: Mentors and manages work efforts of more junior colleagues and team members as required by various workstreams; may formally supervise work of project teams. If managing team(s) of more junior employees full-time, then refer to the People & Business Leadership leveling criteria. Often serves as Career Advisor.
Knowledge Applied: Applies advanced knowledge of learned occupation / discipline and strong business operational acumen.
Accountabilities & Metrics:
- Chargeability target
- Personal goals
Relevant Additional Details:
This field is reserved for any additional details that may not be globally relevant and consistently vary on a position-by-position basis.
Requisition ID - 49899
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Back to top