Alliance Marketing Director
About the role:
Did you know that Avanade is the world's largest Microsoft digital innovator? And as a joint venture between Accenture and Microsoft, Avanade understands the power of partnerships. As the leading digital innovator, we know the importance of collaboration to achieve success in today's world for our clients.
With Microsoft poised for massive growth, this is an exciting time for Avanade. Indeed, the recent launch of the Accenture Microsoft Business Group, powered by Avanade, is a bold step to take Accenture, Avanade and Microsoft to the next level. To help us tap into and optimize the potential, Avanade is looking for an experienced Alliance marketing director. In this important role you will not only be an expert channel marketer but make an impact on a unique alliance between the three companies.
Do you want to be part of an award-winning marketing team and drive an exciting new opportunity within the marketplace and be part of the growth of three great companies?
The Alliance marketing director, will provide the strategic direction and lead the execution of alliance marketing for Avanade including partnering with our Microsoft and Accenture colleagues at a corporate level in Seattle. This includes: bringing the Avanade alliance marketing vision to life both internally and externally; and collaborating with Accenture and Microsoft to shape and drive the strategy development and plan implementation for the Accenture Microsoft Business Group.
Key responsibilities include:
• Being the face of Avanade alliance marketing in Seattle with Accenture and Microsoft counterparts, building strong working relationships within Accenture and Microsoft marketing, providing visibility and promotion of Avanade's brand, messaging, global marketing campaigns and content and helping Avanade marketers and the business make the right connections and build our network.
• Partnering with Accenture and Microsoft counterparts as part of the Accenture Microsoft Business Group core team to:
• Set the strategy for global alliance events and the way we work together to jointly sponsor and activate with the Avanade global events lead.
• Lead the integration Accenture Microsoft Business Group initiatives into wider marketing activities and joint marketing planning, partnering on initiatives for highest impact - BoM, messaging, comms, PR/AR, client stories,
award submission etc
• Leading and leveraging the other key business Alliance roles within Avanade including the virtual teams and the center of excellence alliance marketing leads in North America, Europe and Growth areas to increase our reach and awareness. This includes understanding the demands of the business, gathering insight and translating these business needs into the wider marketing plan as well as identifying and sharing best practices and corporate relationships to solve problems to help increase and drive our share of mind within Accenture and Microsoft.
• Developing and promoting an alliance marketing toolkit consisting of overview slides, credentials decks, corporate decks and brand templates for use by Avanade alliance leads
• Reporting to both marketing and the business around Alliance KPIs on a regular basis .
The individual will report to the Executive, Global Solutions and Industry Marketing
This role will partner across the entire Avanade marketing team and with Accenture and Microsoft marketing teams. You will also ensure that there is strong and appropriate marketing contribution to and leverage of the Accenture Microsoft Business Group as well as alignment with Avanade's business strategy.
Experience, qualifications and attributes:
- 10+ years of experience in marketing in a technology industry B2B environment. Preference will be given to candidates with previous channel or alliance management experience and experience working with Microsoft and Accenture.
- Strong executive presence and excellent stakeholder relationship management required. Ability to negotiate and influence others in a positive way and be a change manager is a key success factor.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail with ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Excellent project management and verbal and written communication skills, be a doer and show examples of content creation
- Be skilled at working in and leading cross functional teams and in a virtual and collaborative environment that spans multiple time zones.
- Flexibility and ability to thrive in a global, virtual and fast-paced environment, especially where things are not always black and white.
- Excellent and advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills, as well as familiarity with Microsoft collaboration tools, such as Microsoft Teams, Visual Studio etc.
Back to top