Advisory, Director - Business Applications
Want to create value with digital and turn your ideas into human impact? So do we.
There's one in every group-the person who dreams big and has the motivation to bring their ideas to life, even as others might roll their eyes and prefer to play it safe. Are you that person? One who isn't afraid to break the mold and who gets inspired by the power of digital to transform organizations and ways of working? Because we are building teams of people like that to help our clients unlock the power they need now and own what's next.
At Avanade Advisory, we are breaking apart the traditional process of setting strategies and goals first, then finding technologies to achieve them. In the digital age, there's no time for that linear process. We partner with clients to accelerate value from digital innovation by being bold, imaginative - and fast. We think big and deliver personally. We relentlessly challenge, inspire, and support our clients and each other.
Want the agility and energy of a start-up, backed by the resources of Accenture, Microsoft and the Center for Information Systems Research at MIT Sloan School of Management? Here you will find a team of people who thrive on turning ideas and innovations into breakthrough results for leading organizations around the world. Ultimately, we're not just making business better. We're making life better for our clients and their customers.
If that sounds like you, you sound good to us. Find your next opportunity at Avanade Advisory.
About the Job Avanade is seeking a Director to expand its Business Applications Advisory capabilities. You will lead engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. You must possess exception analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be collaborative, entrepreneurial and personable, possessing exceptional leadership qualities that allows you to assume a critical role in the Advisory Practice with an ability to scale over time.
As a Director within the Advisory practice, you'll be responsible for collaborating with the management and leadership team, within a highly matrixed organization, with a significant role in achieving both corporate and practice objectives, including sales and revenue goals. You will regularly provide technical, operational and people mentorship of work efforts.
Day-to-day, you will:
• Engage with clients in strategic discussions to provide best in class business and industry guidance to maximize client's long-term business objectives
• Develop strong and lasting relationships with client executives, effectively sell new business and follow on Advisory engagements
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and drive pursuit teams; participate and manage all aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Convert strategic direction into operational goals
- Direct client engagements to identify creative business solutions. Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams to create strategy, assessment, vision & roadmap, and business case deliverables as well as deliver workshops and presentations
- Identify key client business issues and determining client needs and supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches
- Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
- Promote a "high performance culture" of empowerment, accountability, and profitable growth
- Travel as dictated by business need, including overnight throughout the UKI supporting clients
- Enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings/ thought leadership development.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Operating with senior client executives (C-levels, VPs, Directors), you will assist our clients in successfully defining their technology strategy, investments and operating models to support their business priorities. As a successful Director you will:
• Own the delivery of a broad range of strategy and multiple advisory engagements
• Possess deep understanding of trends and strategies for identifying solutions to meet client business, financial and technical strategies
• Create clear and actionable strategic roadmaps and supporting business cases that both delineate a broader end-game, while also prioritizing quick wins with near-term measurable impact
• Actively develop and maintain client relationships at senior C-suite levels
• Manage the sales efforts including development of client proposals and pitch mechanics, while teaching team members on selling and go to market strategies
Required Skills & Experience:
• 10 or more years of Management Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm, with experience managing projects, budgets and teams, as well as managing RFP with Sales Revenue and Sold Revenue management responsibilities
• Overseeing multiple Client Engagements with multiple team members
• Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients, assessing stakeholders' goals and the ability to translate ideas into strategic and practical solution recommendations
• Previous experience working on multiple workstreams/engagements in a highly matrixed external client facing environment, supporting direct reports with career counseling and skills development
• Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
• Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions
• Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team
• Experience discussing a wide range of strategic imperatives across functional, operational and technological issues
• Bachelor's degree in related field, MBA or Advanced degree preferred
• Willingness to travel 50% domestically as needed to support Customers and Projects
Preferred Experience and Skills:
Ability to drive Avanade's value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
• Cross-sector and functional experience within at least 3 of the following vertical markets: Financial Services/ Healthcare/ Life Sciences/ Manufacturing/ CPG / Utilities/ Media/ Communications/Supply Chain
• CIO Strategy and IT Strategy
• IT/Technology industry understanding and/or experience
• Emerging Technology Strategy and Assessments (RPA, Blockchain, AI/ Bots, AR/VR, etc.)
• Technology Cost and Value Optimization
• Cloud Transformation Assessments (Microsoft Azure preferred)
• Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps)
• Data & Business Intelligence Strategy, Insight and Analytics (leveraging Microsoft technologies)
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud services, business solutions and design-led experiences delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals bring bold, fresh thinking combined with technology, business and industry expertise to help fuel transformation and growth for our clients and their customers. Avanade has 36,000 digitally connected people across 24 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate.
Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation.
Learn more at www.avanade.com
Back to top