Advisory- Digital Strategy- Toronto- GM
About the Role:
A Director within Digital Advisory plays an integral part in defining how Avanade and our clients perceive the opportunities ahead relative to digital innovation, disruption, and business transformation. This role is aimed, therefore, to provide both thought and team leadership as well as tangible executional value to C-level executives across our client base, building the kind of relationships that will grow our reputation in the industry.
Directors are seen as deal-shapers, evangelists, thought leaders, and co-creators of digital strategy with our clients and ecosystem partners (such as Accenture or Microsoft). The primary emphasis is to be in front of our clients, working to create more and higher-level opportunities for the firm.
Directors achieve this through guiding our clients toward insights. This may be done through leading collaborative workshops, research of technology, demographic, or industry trends, and/or running point on an engagement and owning the outcomes. Creation of digital transformation roadmaps, as well as associated business cases that persuade are also expected.
Avanade's work spans the full realm of digital's potential: from digital marketing and content strategies, to new digital services and product conceptualization, through to the operations and governance needed to instill and drive sustained innovation across Fortune 500 companies. As digital knows no bounds, Directors are expected to learn, unlearn, and relearn with the changing currents of client need.
About your key responsibilities:
- Build strong alliances and identifying key selling opportunities with Avanade Sales, Business Units, Accenture, and Microsoft.
- Run strategically-oriented pitches, aligning on established offerings when necessary.
- Achieve billable targets.
- Shape deal structures and staffing.
- Drive the financial performance and growth of a regional unit of talent or a capability.
- Interview, on-board, and mentor more junior Digital Advisory employees.
- Help build a regional contract-based consultant network with Recruiting.
- Actively knowledge-share across Avanade and serve as internal evangelist for our value.
- Generate thought leadership materials to open doors.
- Critical and creative thinking across highly complex business problems.
- Sales and delivery deck structuring and story-telling.
- Thorough understanding of research and discovery techniques:
- "Design Thinking" client workshop facilitation
- Market/SWOT analysis
- Competitive benchmarking
- End-user understanding through primary and secondary research
- Detailed road-mapping.
- Cost modelling and planning for both sales and implementation.
- Business models and justification for digital spend.
- Deep knowledge of two out of three core areas of emphasis within Avanade's Digital Advisory practice: 1) Digital Marketing, 2) Digital Products and Services, and 3) Digital Organization Planning and Management.
- Using data to refine business outcomes over time.
- Multi-disciplinary team leadership in a matrixed environment.
- Internal and external networking.
- Agile techniques.
- Advanced communications, including clear and persuasive writing and presenting.
- Objectivity under pressure.
Preferred Educational Background:
College degree, along with deep interactive consulting and/or interactive agency experience.
MBA, or relevant advanced degree a plus.
Preferred Years of Work Experience:
10+ years advising senior clients regarding digital strategy, including new services and software applications, digital marketing, and overall business transformation.
10+ years building and managing teams.
Accountabilities and Metrics:
- Regional and national business growth in Digital including both direct revenue from consulting and "pull-through" revenue for follow-on engineering, design, and consulting work.
- Span and depth of senior client relationships.
- Quality of strategic output as evaluated by client satisfaction and internal peers.
Relevant Additional Details:
- Great story-teller and presenter.
- Master networker.
- Executive Presence.
- Thought Leader.
- Unique business and design thinker.
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top