Advisory Consulting, IT Strategy - Manager
About Avanade's Advisory and Strategy Practice
Avanade's Advisory and Strategy services group integrate business acumen, a deep technology heritage, expertise in user-centric design, and a profound appreciation for organizational change management to identify and capitalize on opportunities for business transformation.
By synthesizing these elements we help our clients achieve their business objectives while delivering exceptional value for their customers and employees.
At Avanade we focus on the formulation AND realization of business strategy through the end-to-end process of creating a vision and strategy, designing an exceptional stakeholder experience, and making it real through our design studio and engineering organizations .
Avanade is seeking Managers to expand its Advisory footprint and capabilities in the Northeast. You will lead engagements advising clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of business outcomes. You will need to possess exception analytical, interpersonal and creative thinking capabilities. You will need to be entrepreneurial, enterprising and personable, possessing gravitas and exceptional leadership qualities that allows you to assume a critical role in the organization with an ability to scale over time.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Operating with senior client executives (C-levels, VPs, Directors), you will assist our clients in successfully defining their technology strategy, investments and operating model to support their business priorities. As a successful Group Manager, you will:
- Engage in the delivery of a broad range of strategy and advisory engagements.
- Be responsible to identify approaches, appropriate tools and methodologies that need to be leveraged in the engagement.
- Possess deep understanding of technology trends and strategies for identifying the best technology solutions to meet client business and technical objectives.
- Conduct detailed analyses to understand and explain client problems and utilize standard consulting management skills such as facilitation, interview, etc.
- Identify, develop and document issues, perform analysis, draw conclusions and formulate strategic recommendations.
- Create clear and actionable strategic roadmaps and supporting business cases that both spell out a broader end-game, while also prioritizing quick wins with near-term measurable impact.
- Actively develop and maintain client relationships at senior levels.
- Enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings/ thought leadership development.
- Assist senior team members with sales efforts including development of client proposals and pitch mechanics
Preferred Experience, and Skills:
The following skills and capabilities are central to the role:
- Ability to drive Avanade's value proposition and likely to be skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
- CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
- IT Operating Model & Governance;
- Digital Strategy and Transformation;
- Digital Customer Experience Strategy and Experience Design;
- Emerging Technology Strategy and Assessments (RPA, Blockchain, AI/ Bots, AR/VR, etc.)
- Workplace Strategy & Employee Experience Design (utilizing Office 365 toolsets);
- Technology Cost and Value Optimization;
- Technology Merger/ Acquisition and Integration Strategy;
- Cloud Transformation Assessments (Microsoft Azure preferred);
- Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
- Security, Risk Management and GDPR Assessments;
- Data & Business Intelligence Strategy, Insight and Analytics (leveraging Microsoft technologies)
- Consulting experience from a top management or IT professional services firm; MBA qualification desirable.
- Significant IT industry understanding and/or experience.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with executive level clients.
- Strong work ethic and willingness to travel and work in a diverse global environment.
- Cross-sector and functional experience highly desirable (Financial Services/ Healthcare/ Life Sciences/ Manufacturing/ Utilities/ Media/ Communications).
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Aptitude for critical and analytical thinking as well as the capacity to accept out-of-the box solutions.
- Autonomous, positive thinker, highly flexible and willing to work independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience discussing a wide range of strategic imperatives across business, experience design, marketing, product, platform, innovation best practices, organizational design, and technology.
- Ability to travel 80% of the time, regionally as well as throughout North America as needed.
The Cloud Strategy team helps Avanade clients understand how cloud computing can benefit their businesses. It helps them craft both long-term cloud visions and near-term strategies for incorporating cloud technologies into their organizations to increase application scalability and reliability while reducing datacenter costs.
As a Group Manager of Cloud Strategy, you will develop industry-specific cloud strategies for Avanade and its clients. Using your deep industry expertise, you will establish a point of view to guide our industry go-to-market strategy and delivery success. You will build close relationships with assigned clients and help them understand how cloud computing can enhance their IT landscape.
Day-to-day, you will:
Engage with client business stakeholders to understand the short and long-term business implications (people, process, systems, change) of proposed or potential cloud strategies
- Determine critical success factors for cloud solution and balance client expectations to ensure success
- Lead and conduct quantitative and qualitative analyses of cloud strategies and turn complex data into meaningful insights
- Assess and develop strategies to mitigate strategic risks
- Provide coaching and career guidance to team members
- Travel as needed.
You are a strategic thinker who is skilled at communicating complex concepts to non-technical audiences. You have a solid grounding in data center and cloud technologies and a clear understanding of how to use them to solve real business problems.
Your technical skillset likely includes:
Extensive knowledge of and success in professional services roles helping companies address multi-layer, complex issues in support of cloud strategies
- Experience in designing cloud architectures for critical business systems
- Deep knowledge of established and emerging cloud technologies, including use cases, information security concerns and pricing
- Extensive knowledge around the end-to-end value chain of IT applications and infrastructure
- Deep understanding of emerging technology trends and commercial offerings in support of those trends
- Thorough aptitude for leading and conducting quantitative and qualitative analyses .
Your non-technical skills encompass:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively convey strategic concepts to technical and non-technical stakeholders across multiple levels
- Experience serving as expert consultant to stakeholders, obtaining buy-in and establishing relationships.
You likely have eight years of information technology experience, at least three of which are hands-on implementation experience with cloud technologies. You likely have experience with at least two of the following cloud environments: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google, private cloud, Platform as a Service (PaaS) or Software as a Service (SaaS).
You very likely have at least four years of experience managing teams of business and technical staff. Your educational background probably includes a Bachelor's Degree in computer science or related field, although an MBA or equivalent is preferred.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
Requisition ID - 53781
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top