Advisory Consulting, Business Applications - Director
About the role:
The Global Advisory team is responsible for long-term strategy and business solutions for clients. As part of our Business Applications Advisory Services practice you'll help our clients realize digital transformation, empower business process agility and provide business insight. The Global Advisory team provides strategic advice and leverages technology advancements (e.g., analytics, intelligent automation, etc.) to drive business transformation. We deliver our broad range of advisory services through an integrated, collaborative approach between our clients and practitioners.
As a Director within the Advisory practice, you'll be responsible for leading the strategic direction of the business area, with a significant role in achieving both corporate and practice objectives. You will regularly provide strategic advice to senior clients while provide operational and people leadership of work efforts with significant coordination.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Engage with clients in strategic discussions to provide best in class business and industry guidance to maximize client's long-term business objectives
- Develop strong and lasting relationships with client executives, effectively sell new business and follow on advisory engagements
- Develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients; organize and lead pursuit teams; participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process; contribute to the development of proposal pricing strategies
- Convert strategic direction into operational goals
- Direct client engagement delivery which identify creative business solutions for large companies. Responsibilities include, among others, managing teams to create strategy, assessment, vision & roadmap, and business case deliverables
- Provide service excellence by helping to identify key client business issues, and determining client needs by supplementing the standard assessment techniques and tools with innovative approaches
- Conduct Feasibility, Design, Sourcing Strategy and Transition management for back office transformation of Sales Operations, Source to Pay and Order to Cash functions globally
- Advise clients on application of Robotics Process technology (RPA) for global back office functions within Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, record to report, sales, marketing and service center operations.
- Perform current-state assessment through stakeholder interviews and design workshops and support clients in service delivery transformation
- Perform role of counselor and coach; provide input and guidance into the staffing process; actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities; provide leadership and support for delivery teams and staff in local offices
- Promote a "high performance culture" of empowerment, accountability, and profitable growth
- Travel as dictated by business needs, often 50% to 80% overnight travel throughout North America and supporting Global Clients
- Enthusiastically contribute towards industry specific offerings/ thought leadership development.
Avanade leads in providing innovative digital services, business solutions and design-led experiences for its clients, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Our professionals combine technology, business and industry expertise to build and deploy solutions to realize results for clients and their customers. Avanade has 27,000 digitally connected people across 23 countries, bringing clients the best thinking through a collaborative culture that honors diversity and reflects the communities in which we operate. We welcome all, and seek talented individuals who can bring their whole self to work, build inclusive teams and encourage diversity inside and outside the organization. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation. Learn more at www.avanade.com.
You are a born influencer; able to build deep rapport with clients, peers and direct reports. As a leader, you foster a "culture of learning" across globally and culturally inclusive teams. You mentor and coach others, while providing constructive feedback and anticipating future talent gap needs.
At least 15 years of External Client Facing Strategy Consulting of experience with an emphasis on Business Operations Consulting
At least 10 years of experience across at least one of the following business areas:
o Supply Chain
o Call Center
o Field Service
Business capability assessment
Shared services and sourcing strategy development
Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
Strong attention to detail, time management and follow through
Self-motivated and able to work with little direct supervision
Experience managing mid-to-large sized teams
Ability to lead and direct staff
Experience writing proposals and participating in business development activities
Managing relationships with senior clients and other stakeholders
Leading large and complex teams and business areas
Experience carrying a business development quota for consulting work, ramping up pursuit teams and leading business development pursuits end-to-end
Significant experience leading projects that support clients in strategy development through execution
Travel as dictated by business needs, often 50% to 80% overnight travel throughout North America and supporting Global Clients
Possess an MBA or advanced degree in a relevant field
Requisition ID - 53484
Avanade is the leading provider of innovative digital and cloud-enabling services, business solutions and design-led experiences, delivered through the power of people and the Microsoft ecosystem. Majority owned by Accenture, Avanade was founded in 2000 by Accenture LLP and Microsoft Corporation and has 30,000 professionals in 24 countries. Visit us at www.avanade.com.
Meet Some of Avanade's Employees
Manager, Experience Design
Joshua guides and supports Avanade’s junior employees in their paths to create exceptional experience designs for company clients—while also working with clients and stakeholders himself.
Back to top