Advanced Analytics, Azure, Senior Consultant
Senior Consultant, Advanced Analytics- Azure
Do you enjoy discovering new ways in which data can support business decision-making? So do we.
You're a natural communicator whose understanding of complex statistics and analytics can help prototypes become real solutions. We're committed to helping you lead the way in analyzing information.
You love getting the most out of data, and understand how to use your knowledge, experience and knowhow of analytics to support business decision-making. You're a flexible worker, comfortable deciding the best ways to work and to support your team members in delivering for clients.
About the job
In a world where information is available everywhere, how do you know which data you really need?
That's where you come in. You know how to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models and advanced algorithms to get the best value out of your data. Your insight enables you to create plans to steer business strategy and get results.
Your analytical skills and understanding of complex analysis and modeling will help your colleagues and clients get the most out of their data. You're naturally inquisitive, asking the right questions and interpreting the answers, creating models and programming, and giving advice on how to use the data to make business decisions. And, you're comfortable sharing your knowledge with other members of the team.
In the role, you will:
• Use a range of sometimes complex datasets, both structured and unstructured, to build solutions for your customers
• Create insights into business performance by collecting, collating and analyzing data from multiple sources
• Improve decision-making by using your knowledge of statistics, machine learning, programming, data modeling, simulation, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, ask questions and spot business opportunities
• Use your teamwork skills to translate prototypes into new products, services, and features and provide guidelines for their roll-out
• Give guidance on when and how to visualize data
• Look out for new analytics tools and techniques and create new ways to generate and analyze information
• Mentor and support junior colleagues
• Travel as required.
You're comfortable with analysis, whether it's statistical, quantitative, predictive, or optimization, and you're proficient in at least one high-level programming language, such as S, C++, Python or Julia. Ideally, you have a Bachelor's degree in Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or a similar relevant field, and at least three to five years of professional experience.
Your experience includes:
• Explaining complex analytical methodologies and concepts in non-technical language
• Using your judgment to solve complex problems spanning different business segments
• Exceptional written and verbal communication and presentation skills
• Experience with a variety of analytics tools, such as R, Revolution R, SAS, SPSS, MATLAB, MicroStrategy and Tableau
Azure Data skills:
Certified and expert knowledge with one of the following - Cortana Intelligence Suite CIS, Azure Data Lake Analytics ADL, Azure Machine Learning AML, Azure Data Warehouse ADW, Azure Data Base ADB, Azure Data Factory ADF Azure Data Bricks.
Experience on projects involved in predictive analytics, large data warehouse and data lake solutions
Experience in end to end solutions - End to end solutions AWS, Azure, Hadoop, NoSQL
Experience in developing, designing and building solutions using the Azure Data stack.
Specific development experience:
Design data architecture based on requirements gathered by business analyst.
Create associated data vault architecture, and multidimensional architecture to provide data for the visualization team.
Develop appropriate stored procedures for business rules, constraints, integrity
Optimize architecture for refresh, query response, extensibility
Implement requests for ingestion creation and preparation of data sources
Develop and execute jobs to import data periodically from external source
Develop data sourcing approach and datasets for analysis of activities including data station ETL Data quality and archiving
Profile source data and validate whether fit for purpose
Develop solution architecture to meet business technical and user requirements
Develop dashboards to understand and manipulate complex data sets in a simple and intuitive format
Enrich existing customer insights with external sources
Develop user interfaces and user experiences that support wide adoption of analytics solutions
BI design (high level and technical design) such as static reporting dashboards ad-hoc
Design the application to meet the business process design and application requirements
• Data mining, analysis and modeling of large, complex data.
Eligibility to obtain Federal Reliability Security clearance
Back to top