Active Directory Architect
- Abilene, TX
Hungry for a new challenge? Inspired to broaden your horizons?
Our Infrastructure Consulting team manages the systems that keep us and our clients ahead of the pack. As an Active Directory Architect you will plan, design, implement Active Directory solutions for our clients. You will be a technical subject matter expert on both cloud and on-premise IT systems. You will apply functional knowledge and technical expertise in the Microsoft cloud offerings and promote innovative solutions to our customers. You will develop relationships with key customer stakeholders to help them achieve their business goals.
Key Role Responsibilities:
Workstream lead for an AD consolidation from 14 domains to one as part of an O365 and Windows 10 migration.
Key Role Skill & Capability Requirements:
Working on some of the largest leading-edge projects, the Active Directory Lead is a critical customer-facing role and you will play a leading part in a large-scale workplace transformation.
You will naturally have a strong foundation in core Microsoft infrastructure technologies, but more specifically you will be able to demonstrate prior experience and a level of subject matter expertise in large scale identity / AD consolidations (20,000+ seats). Demonstrated knowledge in AD/AAD/ADFS, MIM, and AD object migration is required.
Day-to-day, You Will
- Design and deploy enterprise-scale, complex identity solutions.
- Lead technical discussions with senior customer executives that drive decisions and implementation approaches.
- Review and manage technical requirements and business functional requirements to establish identity in a new Azure platform.
- Travel to customer site as needed.
You are a strong technologist with solid business skills. You are as comfortable working with a technical team as you are with client IT leaders, and you know how to build bridges between the two. With your excellent communications skills, you are adept at mapping business needs to technology solutions and helping non-technical audiences understand the benefits of these solutions
Your Skillset Likely Includes
- Knowledge of infrastructure solutions, especially in relation to Microsoft programs, platform migration, system security, enterprise directories, and cloud technologies.
- Knowledge of operation management, systems security, testing, databases and mobility considerations.
- Working with global teams and offshore resources.
- Communicating and presenting complex information to technical and non-technical stakeholders, both verbally and in written form.
- At least 5 years of experience designing, supporting, and upgrading Active Directory environments.
- At least 3 years of experience with related services (DNS, PKI, Group Policy).
- Experience with domain migrations:
- Consolidations for Merger and Acquisition projects (M&A)
- Red Forest (Enhanced Security Administrative Environment)
- An understanding of the interdependencies in migration projects (user, workstation, application, network, directory, cloud).
- Security fundamentals:
- Privileged access management
- OS, network, and process level security controls
- Auditing and monitoring
- Microsoft cloud experience:
- Azure Active Directory
- Directory Sync (FIM, MIM, or AADSync)
- Claims (ADFS, Ping, Okta, etc.)
- Infrastructure fundamentals:
- Virtualization (Hyper-V, VMWare, or others)
- Common database and network service components (SQL, LDAP)
- PowerShell / legacy scripting
Back to top