Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
Do you have a passion for creating beautiful content and delivering well-crafted, easy-to-understand instruction? The Trainer II position will create, deliver, and maintain training and performance support materials that are easy to access, easy on the eye, and easy to understand. The position will interact closely with other team members within Availity to provide the highest quality learning materials and customer service. The successful candidate must be self-directed and may be called upon to serve in multiple roles in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial corporate environment.
The Trainer II is responsible for conducting training with payers, providers, vendors, and Availity employees. The position will also assist in the development of training materials and online performance support documents as needed. The position will interact closely with other team members within Availity to provide the highest quality of training materials/programs and customer service. Applicants must be self-directed and may also be called upon to serve in multiple roles in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial corporate environment.
Delivery of Training
- Conducts external (providers, vendors, payers) Availity product and soft skills training via web conferencing tools and onsite, as needed
- Records webinars, as appropriate, and performs related administrative tasks
- Conducts Availity product training for employees
- Coordinates and facilitates user group sessions
Development of Training
- Creates presentations and materials for internal and external training
- Research subject matter/topic and consult with subject matter experts (SMEs) to create accurate and relevant training and performance support materials
- Researches and evaluates third-party vendor training materials
- Conducts training needs assessments and analyzes various data to identify training needs and training ROI
- Participates in usability testing for online training materials
- Assists in developing user guides, job aids, and performance support documents
- Utilize learning management system (LMS) for training programs, as needed
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in work experience
- 2 - 4+ years of experience analyzing, designing, and developing training materials to support complex business processes, technical training and soft skills training
- Experienced in delivering training and presentations to both large and small audiences
- 1 – 3 years of technical writing experience
- Experience using web conferencing tools to deliver and record training
- Experienced in creating job aids, user guides, and online performance support materials
- Experienced in managing learning projects
- Experienced in using authoring tools, such as Articulate, Presenter, Captivate, or Lectora
- Experience administering a learning management system (LMS) a plus
- Experience in a health care provider environment a plus
- Training certifications especially for Vital Smarts programs a plus
- Experience using social media for learning a plus
- Experience using mobile learning solutions a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent presentation skills in both technical and soft skills training
- Knowledge of latest learning technologies and innovations
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organizational efficiency and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively coordinate with and gather information from multiple departments across the organization
- Ability to effectively communicate with employees at all levels and external entities
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed (minimal guidance).
- Knowledge of the provider workflow and revenue cycle management a plus
- Knowledge of the health care or insurance industry a plus.
- Knowledge of instructional design methodologies a plus.
- Some travel required
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sr. Alliance Analyst, Alliance Management
Jaynae has spent more than seven years managing one of Availity's largest national health plan accounts, providing care in over half the country.
Back to top