Staff Accountant I
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Staff Accountant reports to the Financial Accounting Manager and is responsible for preparing and processing journal entries, account reconciliations and completing analytics pertaining to financial data.
- Prepare support for and book journal entries for month end close using professional judgement to apply GAAP appropriately
- Performs reconciliation of intercompany transactions
- Perform account reconciliations for various balance sheet accounts
- Assist with researching account variances as assigned
- Assist with compilation of audit support for year-end financial audit where necessary
- Document processes and procedures for individually assigned areas
- Assists the Sr. Accountant with monitoring fixed assets
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to streamline business processes and enhance the reporting and analysis functions
- Work on other projects as assigned
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent training and experience
- 2+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Public accounting experience a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Experience using Great Plains, Zuora or other accounting system software
- Experience with SalesForce a plus
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices and procedures related to the application of GAAP
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail-oriented
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude
- Experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Experience working with all levels of management both in and outside of Finance department
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Availity is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Click the links below to view Federal Employment Notices.
Family & Medical Leave Act Equal Employment Law Poster Pay Transparency Employee Polygraph Protection Act IER Right to Work Poster Important Notice about Employee Rights to Organize and Bargain Collectively with Their Employers
Back to top