Sr. Total Rewards Analyst
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Sr. Total Rewards Analyst will be responsible for the administration of Availity's health and welfare benefits, 401k, wellness and other related benefit programs and assist in the development of benefit programs and administration of compensation. The Sr. Analyst will serve as liaison with outside insurance carriers or other vendors/agencies relative to the compensation and benefits function. This position will be responsible for ensuring Health Care Reform Act compliance to include mandatory reporting and conducting analyses to control costs, mitigate risk, and decrease penalties. Additionally, this position will provide technical and consultative assistance to HR business partners and managers on the benefits programs. The Sr. Analyst will conduct or participate in compensation surveys, maintain job description library and assist in compensation reviews. The Analyst will provide support for HR initiatives and projects; perform other related duties and responsibilities as required or assigned.
Administer Benefits and Wellness
- Administer and maintain all benefits including life, STD, LTD, health, dental, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, 401(k) program, employee assistance, and tuition reimbursement.
- Responsible for leading annual enrollment meetings.
- Monitor and analyze benefits expenses and claims experience for all benefit plans including required medical plan reserve
- Review and update benefit program procedures and policies to ensure appropriate documentation is maintained
- Develop communication material to employees to support and educate employees and members regarding benefits and wellness
- Conduct training regarding benefits changes, benefit-related communications including the update of guides, summary plan descriptions, etc.
- Process, audit, and reconcile all benefits billing and request associated payments accurately and timely.
- Assist employees with benefit claim administration inquiries.
- Perform audits of enrollment including dependents, contributions and other database information as necessary
- Lead wellness initiatives; assist in the design of wellness programs to lower medical claims cost and lead the company to adopt a culture of wellness
- Prepare all compliance related forms and reports including but not limited to Form 5500, Summary Annual Reports, etc.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws governing benefits practice.
Administer Broad-based Compensation Program
- Assist in the development and implementation of a compensation infrastructure including job evaluation, market pricing/survey participation, salary structures, and job benchmarking/slotting.
- Assist in salary determination issues for new hires, promotions, transfers, changes, and other compensation actions.
- Assist in the management of the merit/incentive process.
- Administer compensation-related systems and prepare management reports and analytics.
- Ensure company compliance with federal and state laws governing compensation practices.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent working experience
- Minimum five (5) year's in Benefits Administration in a mid to large sized organization
- Prefer experience with medical self-insured plans
- Compensation experience is required
- Working knowledge of the Health Care Reform Act.
- Solid knowledge about wellness programs.
- Detailed knowledge of all applicable Local, State, and Federal Laws, including detailed knowledge of the Affordable Care Act.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Financial acumen and proven ability to develop costing analysis modeling
- Strong analytic skills, communications (verbal and written) skills and problem solving skills
- Excellent PC skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Access) with extensive Excel experience
- Project management
- Ability to handle major processes, tasks and issues in implementing and administering compensation and benefits programs
- Strategic agility with a strong sense of urgency and the ability to drive change
- Ability to work independently in identifying and resolving issues, concerns and problems and manage multiple priorities on an ongoing basis while maintaining strong working relationships with internal and external partners
- Ability to focus and flexibly jump between projects and meet established deadlines
- Strong vendor relationship skills
- Ability to interact and consult with senior management
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sr. Alliance Analyst, Alliance Management
Jaynae has spent more than seven years managing one of Availity's largest national health plan accounts, providing care in over half the country.
Back to top