Sales Executive, Sr. Enterprise - Payer
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Payer Sales Rep is responsible for identifying, evaluating, developing, and managing new strategic payer business opportunities and initiatives for the purpose of increasing Availity market share in specific geographic areas Frequent travel is required.
- Identifies and engages key contacts/decision makers at identified payer organizations and begins to build relationships
- Maintains a thorough understanding of all Availity products/services and operational processes
- Assists in the preparation of payer-related RFP responses, ensuring the most appropriate positioning for Availity and articulating the Availity solution clearly, as it relates to the needs outlined in the request
- Prepares and delivers presentations to payer and partner organizations which detail Availity's products and services
- Transitions new payer smoothly to implementation team and continues with appropriate levels of relationship management.
- Maintains sales records and prepares sales reports as required
- Works closely with Products team on business development
- Participate in trade show or expo events by working Availity exhibit booths
- Maintains a working knowledge of industry trends and issues
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or Computer Science, or a related field of study or equivalent experience
- Master's degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field of study
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- 8 or more years of successful sales and/or sales management experience in Health Information or Payer organizations
- Successful consultative sales experience calling on CEO, COO, CFO, and CMO level executives
- Strong understanding of Managed Care/Insurance organizations and related internal structure, business focus/need and decision tree
- Excellent analytical skills for the purpose of providing compelling product/business information to prospective and current business partners.
- History of building and maintaining strong positive business relationships at all decision levels.
- Excellent management skills with the ability to effectively "close the deal".
- In-depth knowledge of sales and marketing principles and practices
- Excellent time management, communication, decision-making, presentation and organization skills
- Strong relationship management, influence, and collaboration skills
- Detailed project management knowledge
- Multi-tasking skills – able to manage current and emerging issues in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal guidance
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions
- Ability to work under pressure
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sarah ensures clear cross-team communication in order to achieve across-the-board product creation consistency through proper architecture and design principles and procedures.
Back to top