Quality Assurance Analyst II
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
As a Quality Assurance Analyst, you're responsible for continuously improving the quality of the company's product line by preventing, quickly detecting, and validating product and process defects, to deliver market and customer driven business results. You will evaluate the test results, prepare change requests and generate measures to assess the product quality. In this role you will work with an integrated team of developers, product managers, product owners, and system analysts for test planning, test driven development, and product validation.
- Performs user and workflow testing, exhibiting ability through analytic skill and experience to anticipate the larger ramifications and interactions of a defect.
- Leads estimation of testing times/schedules
- Sets and monitors test execution rate
- Develops test plans, test scenarios and test cases based on business, user, functional and nonfunctional requirements. Reviews test documentation developed by Analyst I or peers
- Establishes and identifies test data based on pre-determined requirements
- Assists in the preparation of a test environment for executing test plans
- Evaluates and recommends QA standards and continual improvement activities; Makes recommendations for long-term improvements of quality assurance process, workflow and QA department
- Trains and mentors other analysts in testing methodology and the software development life cycle
- Executes and monitors testing results and communicates the results. Coordinate with UAT test group(s) to ensure all issues are communicated and resolved. Recommends development changes
- Validates and documents completion of testing and development processes. Ensures compliance with testing and development methodology and policies
- Provides production support of software products by investigating and recreating reported defects
- Participates in release implementation
- Scopes project time and resource requirements and reviews with other developers
- Validates entrance and exit criteria items are met
- Responsible for Test Evaluation Summary creation
- Ensures release defects are resolved and/or deferred prior to product implementation
- Works independently and provides guidance to others.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
WORK EXPERIENCE & SKILLS (Required)
- 4 plus years work experience in business/systems testing
- Health care industry strongly preferred
- Must have a solid understanding of general testing techniques such as functional, integration performance and regression testing
- Must have a working knowledge of test management and automated testing tools and concepts
- Ability to create, update and delete data utilizing SQL for creation of test data
- Must have strong project management skills with the ability to work on cross functional project teams
- Ability to estimate test schedules and assess risk with moderate supervision.
- Displays keen sense of initiative in taking on new tasks and in providing improved methods as well as help in training new members of QA.
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION (Required)
- BS or BA or work experience to substitute
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Availity is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Click the links below to view Federal Employment Notices.
Family & Medical Leave Act Equal Employment Law Poster Pay Transparency Employee Polygraph Protection Act IER Right to Work Poster Employee Rights Under Federal Labor Laws
Back to top