Program Manager - Risk & Quality
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Risk & Quality Program Manager works within the Risk & Quality vertical of the Health Plan Line of Business to collect and assist with the analysis of project, program and operational data. The R&Q Program Manager determines the optimal mix and sequencing of proposed projects within their program to best achieve the company's overall strategic goals. The R&Q Program Manager will make recommendations regarding projects and will be responsible for the successful execution of projects while honoring constraints imposed by management or external real-world factors including each project's total expected cost, consumption of scarce resources (human or otherwise), expected timeline and schedule of investment, nature of effort, magnitude and timing of benefits to be realized, and relationship or inter-dependencies with other projects.
- Provide expert knowledge of project management frameworks
- Provide leadership for assigned projects and tasks, with the ability to work on multiple efforts simultaneously, to prioritize work, and meet deadlines
- Conduct project audits and regular project reviews
- Manage and proactively analyze program and project data, compile comprehensive reports and outputs that meet senior management and customer requirements
- Provide support for maturing existing project management methodology, processes and templates
- Develop materials and provide methodology training and mentorship to project managers and teams
- Participate in and support the Agile methodology
- Works in partnership with Scrum Masters to ensure the efficient execution of project work and risk analysis and mitigation.
- Collaborate with other Program Managers, Product Managers, Product Owners, and Business leads to ensure project alignment to strategic direction across all Availity departments
- Identify all Program stakeholders and manage stakeholder expectations
- Research and recommend best practices for program and project decision making
- Ensure project teams follow established policies, procedures, processes and standards
- Support and participate in the creation of annual resource plans
- Provide communication expertise to promote and communicate program and project progress and developments internally and externally through various communication channels and campaigns
- Support and participate in the review of Business Charters and subsequent resource allocation
- Manage multiple staff resources each managing projects or releases with:
- Multiple internal and external dependencies,
- Complex or multiple scope,
- Varying levels of risk requiring mitigation plan,
- Multiple integration points to functional areas,
- Varying levels of cost, time and resource sensitivity.
- Monitor work assignments.
- Meet regularly with team to gather work statuses.
- Discuss work progress and obstacles.
- Implement organizational practices for staffing, EEO, diversity, performance management, development, reward and recognition, and retention.
- Manage human resource related activities to include hiring, coaching, and mentoring, as appropriate.
- Identify the roles, skills, and knowledge required and ensure staff has the resources and skills needed to support all work initiatives.
- Forecast new skill requirements based on emerging technologies.
- Manage department financials to include budget and expenses in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Track budgets and other resources.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 10 or more years in IT Program or Project Management
- Experience managing medium and large-scale programs or projects
- Demonstrated political awareness and ability to diplomatically handle sensitive situations with internal and external customers and ability to cultivate effective, productive customer relationships and partnerships
- Experience working with the Agile methodology a plus.
- Two (2) plus years of healthcare industry and/or product management experience a plus.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Project or Program Management Professional certification (PMP or PgMP) a plus.
- Advanced Degree in Business Management or related field a plus.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Expert knowledge of Program and Project Management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; proven experience working as both a leader and member of a team
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sarah ensures clear cross-team communication in order to achieve across-the-board product creation consistency through proper architecture and design principles and procedures.
Back to top