Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Product Manager is responsible for assisting with the definition and leading product strategy and Availity's product management life cycle activities supporting assigned products and clients focused on the growth, maturity and saturation phases of the product lifecycle. The Product Manager designs and implements the product roadmap that addresses market demands and surpasses the relevant competition to achieve long term financial goals for Availity. The individual will spend significant time on conducting market analysis, competitive analysis, product innovation, customer validation, and assisting with pricing strategies for healthcare related products and services. The Product Manager must have an advanced knowledge of the product area and market segments they support. The Product Manager has a solid understanding of a client's business needs as well as the respective short-term and long-term business goals for all involved stakeholders.
- Product Management:
- Align assigned products to General Manager's vision and enterprise strategy. Set overall goals for assigned products.
- Incorporate innovation strategy to address market needs and opportunities.
- Provide strategic direction to combine value creation with innovation that influences enterprise activities in a focused direction that will distinguish Availity in the marketplace.
- Ensure product roadmaps and P&L are aligned and executed in support of the business unit and enterprise goals.
- With the assistance of Product Marketing, define customer and market segmentation, and develop and validate business model.
- Identify new healthcare business growth opportunities within or adjacent to Availity's current product offerings through a detailed understanding of key market/customer trends and competitor strategies with focus on the assigned vertical.
- Conduct analysis and synthesis of market insights to proactively identify business opportunities, threats, and challenges and derive recommendations for input into strategic planning and product development.
- Assess market potential for the right segment/targets, develops the strategic business plan capitalizing on future market needs and opportunities.
- Research and analyze business information to develop an understanding of the industry and competitive environment; stay in tune with any market forces or business drivers that would be influential to future markets.
- Evaluate competitive services, take hands on approach in understanding key attributes/features/distribution in competitive products and positioning appropriately.
- Ensure that products achieve their targeted revenue and expense goals and that essentially all desired returns on investments (ROI) are achieved.
- Group Facilitation:
- Work with cross-functional teams to plan for new products.
- Drive planning teams forward, negotiating across differences and achieving consensus.
- Recruit, coordinate and manage Product Advisory Groups and focus groups.
- Cross-functional Team Management:
- Function as the bridge between business and technology.
- Sales Support:
- Serve as the internal and external expert and provide product and market expertise to assist all sales channels in presenting Availity's offerings.
- Provide creative solutions from existing capabilities to satisfy market demands.
- Participate in actual sales calls for customers or prospects.
- Marketing Support:
- Provide product expertise and strategic focus for all market research and product positioning efforts.
- Collaborate with market research to strategize, plan, and prioritize market and product research that identify and define opportunities to support and grow business.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products supported not only by research, but also on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
- Third Party Vendor Management:
Oversee all activities required to utilize third party business suppliers, activities include vendor selection, project management, service level agreement (SLA) management and overall relationship building.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or the equivalent
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in work experience
- Master's degree or the equivalent in work experience a plus
- 4 - 7 years of healthcare industry and product management experience. This includes experience with product applications/solutions, knowledge of the associated trends, technology and competition that surrounds this area for the healthcare industry.
- Significant experience soliciting user and industry feedback; leading focus groups for product design/development, speaking at industry events, etc.
- Progressive experience in increasing management of moderately complex projects and product implementations.
- Experience delivering "value added" healthcare products, services and product lines which utilize the HIPAA compliant transaction sets.
- Experience with modern technology architectures, database technology, virtualization, and the impact of government initiatives and HIPAA privacy and security regulations on system design.
- Experience within the healthcare billing and administration sector, working with providers, health plans, clearinghouses or other organizations including comprehensive understanding of healthcare products, EDI transaction sets and real time processing systems.
- Experience working in an Agile and/or iterative development environment.
- Experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex information in an easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing.
- Strong process management orientation and business planning experience.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial company a plus
- Experience working with product and business management teams in a large marketing department a plus.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Significant Product Management expertise, including: business case development, informatics experience including data analytics and/or reporting, market trends/analysis, new product introduction process, product roadmap development, product life-cycle management.
- In-depth Healthcare industry and Healthcare Revenue Cycle experience.
- Ability to analyze a wide variety of data such as market trends and regulatory information necessary to support product and marketing recommendations.
- Proven track records of helping teams achieve their business objectives.
- Strong persuasive, relationship and consultation skills.
- Strong background in Operations, Sales, Marketing, and Customer Service.
- Previous responsibility for product P&L.
- Ability to work independently under minimal guidance. Strong focus on self-starting and accountability for results a plus.
- Innovation - develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas a plus.
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Availity is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Click the links below to view Federal Employment Notices.
Family & Medical Leave Act Equal Employment Law Poster Pay Transparency Employee Polygraph Protection Act IER Right to Work Poster Employee Rights Under Federal Labor Laws
Back to top