Platform and Clearinghouse Solutions Manager
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Manager's mission is to proactively focus on relationship management, strategic account planning, contracting, and identification of revenue enhancement and optimization opportunities. They are focused on connecting key business executives and stakeholders to advance Availity product lines and drive the increase of transaction volumes via the Availity platform.
The Manager will participate in both existing and net new partnership strategy discussions, business contracting, and support Trading Partner and Aggregator partnerships. Trading partners include clearinghouses, practice management system vendors, electronic medical record vendors, IPAs, TPAs, and small payers. The Trading Partner Manager will be required to review existing partnerships to determine roadmaps for additional integration and increased transactions to promote revenue growth. Partnerships are established and fostered at the appropriate levels of clearinghouse and aggregator organizations resulting in providing Availity platforms access to commercial, private, and government payers.
The position requires a self-starter who requires minimal supervision, strong business acumen, and excellent relationship management skills. Up to 45% travel is required.
- Owns the relationship between clearinghouse and/or aggregator accounts, TPAs, IPAs, small payers, and Availity, and acts as the primary point of contact for contracting, accountability, escalation and resolution of issues originating from customers or internal teams.
- Develops a trusted advisor relationship with key accounts, customer stakeholders and executive sponsors.
- Serves as the point of escalation for Availity's Trading Partner Associates.
- Drives increased revenue for a portfolio of accounts with goal of achieving and exceeding personal and company goals.
- Identifies new sales opportunities (Additional EDI/B2B/API or product and/or support) within existing accounts to remain a client-account manager relationship by upselling and cross-selling.
- Responsible for writing strategy, setting objectives, and obtaining new business and upselling existing accounts.
- Maintains technical knowledge, professional skills, and market knowledge by attending industry workshops, tradeshows, client meetings, professional societies, and reviewing professional publications.
- Responsible for qualifying leads, negotiating, and contracting partnerships.
- Ability to create a presentation, then clearly and concisely deliver to Directors, VP's, and C-level executives clearly and concise
- Demonstrated subject matter expert on partnerships and integrations for all internal departments.
- Responsible for building strong inter-departmental relationships to achieve individual, team, and corporate objectives.
- Assists with market opportunity identification for Clearinghouse Product Manager.
- Responsible for building strong inter-departmental relationships to achieve individual, team, and corporate objectives
- Communicates with accounts on a regular basis based on tier structure and need, via newsletters, email, phone, and/or face to face meetings
- Occasional travel to various home offices, partner location, sales shows, user group meetings, etc. is required
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in direct sales or account management (with revenue targets)
- Demonstrated ability to meet quantitative goals, take direction, and work independently
- Track record of consistently achieving and exceeding quotas
- Bachelor's degree
- Stable job history
- Ability to accommodate up to 45% travel
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to balance duties from an operational function (i.e. implementation issues) to C-Suite level relationship building
- Ability to multitask and perform well under pressure
- Exceptional communication abilities: oral and written
- Strong presentation skills and ability to present to large groups
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Strong time management, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate strategically and consider the "big picture"
- Knowledge of the clearinghouse and/or healthcare technology industry
- Demonstrated sales closing skills
- Contract negotiation experience
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions under pressure
- Ability to adapt to change of process and/or directions
- External clearinghouses and any vendor business line that aggregates on behalf of their providers and/or members. IPAs, TPAs and small payers.
- Internal liaison to all functioning departments and platforms
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sarah ensures clear cross-team communication in order to achieve across-the-board product creation consistency through proper architecture and design principles and procedures.
Back to top