Infrastructure DevOps Engineer
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Infrastructure DevOps Engineer builds tools and critical infrastructure that support the business's site/software/application platforms. In this role you are a key member of the engineering department and aid in deploying shared infrastructure and traffic management services. You will also support the already existent web-based sites/software/applications.
- Develop and perfect DevOps automation scripting/tools such as Ansible, Jenkins, Git, Puppet, Chef and Powershell.
- Develop, integrate, test, debug, and tune complex software solutions designed to satisfy customer requirements.
- Source-code management and administration of infrastructure control tools and development in process-driven environments.
- Install, configure, integrate, deploy, upgrade, and manage web infrastructure including but not limited to VMWare, Linux, RedHat OpenShift/Kubernetes.
- Perform day-to-day system administration duties on Linux servers across development, quality assurance, stage, and production environments supporting critical applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4-6 years (required) or 7-10 years (preferred) of experience working with Linux/UNIX and server technologies in a 24 X 7 product environment.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in work experience.
- Red Hat Certification (RHCSA, RHCE, RHCA) (preferred).
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Expert level knowledge of Linux and Unix operating system including RedHat.
- Strong knowledge of server software/OS build and patch maintenance, server & storage hardware and management tools.
- Experience with monitoring and alerting products like Solarwinds, Big Brother, NewRelic, Pingdom and Splunk.
- Experience with scripting languages including PowerShell, Bash, PHP, Python, Java, Node and Ruby.
- Practical working knowledge maintaining PaaS environments, including technologies like Openshift, Kubernetes, Mesophere, Flynn and Deis.
- Experience in Enterprise Automation with tools like Ansible, SaltStack, Puppet, Cfengine or equivalent.
- Experience maintaining high availability production systems in a Public/Private Cloud environment.
- Experience with Docker containerization.
- Experience with continuous integration tools and platforms, including Jenkins or TravisCI.
- Experience with the Atlassian toolset including BitBucket, Jira, and Confluence.
- Experience with Hadoop.
- Familiarity with Relational Databases, including Microsoft SQL and MySQL
- Experience with Cloud Service Providers (CSP), including AWS and Azure.
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sr. Alliance Analyst, Alliance Management
Jaynae has spent more than seven years managing one of Availity's largest national health plan accounts, providing care in over half the country.
Back to top