Information Architect III
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Information Architect III is responsible for supporting and advocating the company's data strategy. The Information Architect III will architect, configure, deploy and manage the multi-server data platform and its overall health. The Information Architect III will be responsible for ensuring designs follow the Data Governance guidelines and the support the Enterprise data strategy. The Information Architect III will conduct Data Architecture development activities to inventory and analyze the company's data assets, and research/evaluate/support adoption of Data strategy best practices. The Information Architect III bridges the gap between business and the technical implementation of the data based solutions. Information Architect III provides expertise as it relates to articulating business requirements into data based solutions, decision-making of the implementation and the overall execution of the data strategy. The company relies upon this position to have extensive knowledge of data trends in order to support current and future opportunities
- Contribute to strategic and tactical projects to drive and define Data and Information Architecture and Strategy
- Design/architect, build, deploy and maintain multiple multi-server data platform applications, including data management (e.g. database, Hadoop cluster, etc.), business intelligence and data integration software and supporting servers. Design and implement best practice guidelines for each application. 24x7x365 Support and support Disaster Recovery activities.
- Participate in the development of enterprise data strategy; including a Big Data strategy
- Analyzing business requirements and functional specifications and being able to derive Data based solutions that support the requirements
- Provide support on use of common enterprise information strategies and promote their use and enhancement by new projects
- Provide architectural consultation/education to the organization. "Sells" the information architecture process, its outcome and ongoing results
- Gain alignment and buy-in of technical architecture and clarifies understanding of standards
- Collaborates with DBAs and infrastructure to facilitate the implementation, maintenance and integration of new data strategies
- Tactical data analysis, data requirements gathering / documentation, data mapping, and data modeling
- Assist with Data Architect with Data Modeling
- Support enterprise data management methodology, associated standards and data strategies
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS, BA degree in software or systems engineering, computer science, information systems management, or the equivalent
- At least 4 years overall experience in Data Strategy, including: data asset classification, ETL processes, data exchange definition, data naming standards, data modeling, data interoperability standards and data governance
- Experience in the writing of detailed technical documentation, specifically business and data flow specifications
- Experience with facilitating JAD sessions or other requirements gathering processes
- Experience with maintaining software running on Windows and UNIX, also experience managing the servers.
- Extensive experience with XML, additionally JSON, X12 and HL7 are preferred
- Experience in developing and implementing data governance / data stewardship procedures
- Experience in developing and implementing information architecture integration standards and guidelines
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must have 2+ years of direct experience architecting, deploying and supporting a Search engine (Solr/Cloudera Search and/or Elastic Search)
- Defining and implementing data architectures and related strategic technologies, preferably across a multinational organization
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal guidance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, supporting all other team members
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions
- Ability to work under pressure. Maintains composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment. Must be able to multi-task
- Extensive knowledge of the health care/payer/provider/insurance industry, specifically standard HIPAA transactions processing systems, provider office operations, and customer service processes in a health care company
- Must have a demonstrated proficiency using PC skills, MS Suite products, and flowcharting tools
- Demonstrated proficiency using a data modeling tool, such as Erwin
- Understanding of web development methodologies, application design, navigation, and information architecture
- Working knowledge of Oracle, Windows, Unix (AIX) and Linux knowledge
- Excellent understanding of HIPAA Implementation Guides
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sarah ensures clear cross-team communication in order to achieve across-the-board product creation consistency through proper architecture and design principles and procedures.
Back to top