Information Architect II
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Information Architect II will architect, configure, deploy and manage the multi-server data platform and its overall health. The Information Architect II will be responsible for ensuring designs follow the Data Governance guidelines and the support the Enterprise data strategy. The Information Architect II bridges the gap between business and the technical implementation of the data based solutions.
- Design/architect, build, deploy and maintain multiple multi-server data platform applications, including data management (e.g. database, Hadoop cluster, etc.), business intelligence and data integration software and supporting servers. Design and implement best practice guidelines for each application. 24x7x365 Support and support Disaster Recovery activities.
- Provide architectural consultation/education to the organization specific to the data platform.
- Gain alignment and buy-in of technical architecture and clarifies understanding of standards
- Collaborates with DBAs and infrastructure to facilitate the implementation, maintenance and integration of new data strategies
- Tactical data analysis, data requirements gathering / documentation, data mapping, and data modeling
- Assist with Data Architect with Data Modeling
- Support enterprise data management methodology, associated standards and data strategies
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- BS, BA degree in software or systems engineering, computer science, information systems management, or the equivalent
- At least 4 years overall experience in managing a multi-server data platform with multiple complex applications, ETL processes and data technologies.
- Experience in the writing of detailed technical documentation, specifically business and data flow specifications
- Experience with facilitating JAD sessions or other requirements gathering processes
- Experience with maintaining software running on Windows and UNIX, also experience managing the servers.
- Experience in developing and implementing information architecture integration standards and guidelines
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal guidance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, supporting all other team members
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions
- Ability to work under pressure. Maintains composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment. Must be able to multi-task
- Must have a demonstrated proficiency using PC skills, MS Suite products, and flowcharting tools
- Understanding of web development methodologies, application design, navigation, and information architecture
- Working knowledge of Oracle, Windows, Unix (AIX) and Linux knowledge
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sr. Alliance Analyst, Alliance Management
Jaynae has spent more than seven years managing one of Availity's largest national health plan accounts, providing care in over half the country.
Back to top