Fullstack Software Engineer IV (Open to remote)
- Jacksonville, FL
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
As an Availity Developer, you are responsible for the detailed design, documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications for Availity business partners. Your SCRUM team responds to business partner needs, expectations, and challenges that are identified.
- Maintain and Write code for complex systems that address project specifications and guidelines.
- Write programs that span multiple platforms.
- Offers occasional innovative ideas and products to the organization.
- Provide input and drives adherence to programming or development standards.
- Consult on database set-up and lead project level database design.
- Coordinate with others on architectural standards.
- Consult on integration issues and determine the best integration approach.
- Accountable for architectural integrity and technical debt.
- Reviews the code of other developers and identifies alternative development approaches for the team.
- Analyze existing programs and modify the application code to create enhancement or develop new programs.
- Identify system requirements and recommend issues and alternatives for change. Able to report missing elements and explain the impacts on subsystems. Offers recommendations for correction.
- Leads and makes changes in development maintenance and system standards.
Build Technical Documentation
- Write detailed technical documentation for entire systems (made up of several subsystems) and identify integration points.
- Review technical specifications created by less experienced developers.
- Perform unit testing and complex debugging.
- Work with other team members to resolve problems or issues.
- Ensure appropriate testing is being completed by the team.
- Define and report quality and quantity metrics on the performance of the team.
- Serve as a Technical Lead for large, complex projects that require skill and experience in multiple technical environments and process knowledge of a specific business area.
- Estimate work efforts for AIR backlog.
- Drive analysis of technical feasibility and feedback on new product objectives.
- Partner with all stakeholders to identify potential slippage or inter-team dependencies.
- Scope project time and resource requirements incorporating into a singular scope document for integration points.
- Recommend resource allocations and task assignments for backlog and chartering.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 6 years of progressive work experience designing business processes, process mapping, working on process improvement initiatives, and business applications system design. Experience must include:
- Extensive experience testing and debugging business application systems and processes
- Extensive experience developing software products for clinical environments and medical labs
- Extensive experience integrating both in house developed software and externally purchased software for large applications
- Web portal development experience
- JEE development experience
- Ability and experience to facilitate JAD sessions or other requirements gathering processes
- Experience using Node.js and Java to build APIs and services
- Experience building front end applications in React or Angular
- Experience with building, deploying, and maintaining containerized Microservices
- Experience with REST APIs
- Experience with CI/CD using Jenkins or something similar
- Experience with NoSQL databases (MongoDB, Elasticsearch, etc)
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with MongoDB, MySQL, Elasticsearch
- Experience with Python, Hadoop, or Impala would be a plus
- Experience with any major container orchestration framework (ECS, Kubernetes, Openshift, etc).
- AWS experience would be a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge, skills and experience to write detailed technical documentation, specifically business requirements and functional specifications for application development
- Knowledge and ability to apply OOD (Java, HTML, XML, Java Script, and Patterns) and impact to the application development process
- Knowledge of web development methodologies, application design, navigation and information architecture
- Master level PC skills such as MS Suite products, flowcharting tools, e-mail and electronic calendar scheduling
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills requirements and functional specifications for application development
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, supporting company leadership and other team members
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities/tasks
- Must be flexible and embrace change
- This position is open to remote applicants
Availity is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Click the links below to view Federal Employment Notices.
Family& Medical LeaveAct Equal Employment Law PosterPay TransparencyEmployee Polygraph Protection Act IER Right to Work Poster Important Notice about Employee Rights to Organize and Bargain Collectively with Their Employers
Back to top