Developer III - ETL
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Developer III ETL is responsible for the design, development and deployment of complex Java integrations, RESTful APis and ETL (extract, transform, and load) processes, data profiling, and data quality processes created for Availity internal and external business partners. The position is also responsible for the Development and incorporation of data integration, API and ETL best practices and standards and will contribute to the development of data models. Incumbents may be called upon to serve multiple roles, such as, working directly with clients and leadership at various levels within the organization and with outside parties to research and identify operational business requirements with sufficient detail and clarity to allow the development of the data or reporting solution needed.
- Develop design documentation, test results documentation and standard operating procedures (SOP) documentation.
- Develop and test Java or ETL based data integrations in order to meet project requirements.
- Develop production support run book documents and follow change management processes
- Meet with customers, Product Support, Business Development or IT Development groups to determine the project requirements and negotiate timelines and deliverables.
- Assist with special projects as assigned to contribute to Availity's overall business goals. Projects could include development, ad hoc reporting, searches and reviews, program evaluation, quality initiatives, analysis, development, etc.
- Able to handle, clean, and merge data using Java & ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) standards and methodologies.
- Identify problems and inaccuracies in databases. In collaboration with the Data Steward, assist in developing decision rules for handling data problems.
- Analyze business requirements and functional specifications and be able to derive Data Architectures that support the requirements.
- Assist the Data Architect in developing conceptual, logical, and physical data models.
- Tactical data analysis, data requirements gathering / documentation, data mapping, and data modeling.
- Assist with Metadata and Data Modeling application integration and specification documentation.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree or equivalent with 7 years of professional experience or 5 years with a Masters Degree
- Overall 5 to 7 years experience in IT industry. Preferably with at least 1 recent year in the health care industry.
- 2+ years experience in data integration or ETL development using Java, or ETL tool.
- Experience with PL/SQL and Oracle
- Dimensional modeling experience
- Experience / fluent with XML
- Experience with UNIX and/or Linux
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Advanced JAVA skills in generating XML, Calling or writing REST APIs.
- Mastery of SQL language and demonstrated experience tuning existing SQL for better performance.
- Good understanding of various RDBMS like ORACLE, SQL Server etc.
- Good understanding of data modeling concepts.
- Ability to perform data analysis to identify specific data conditions and troubleshoot problem.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work concurrently on multiple tasks is essential.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, supporting all other team members.
- Knowledge of data warehouse concepts and methodologies
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sarah ensures clear cross-team communication in order to achieve across-the-board product creation consistency through proper architecture and design principles and procedures.
Back to top