Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
As an Availity Developer, you are responsible for the detailed design, documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications for Availity business partners. Your SCRUM team responds to business partner needs, expectations, and challenges that are identified.
- Writes code for complex systems (e.g. a large number of interaction points, large number of tables, complex business rules)
- Reviews other developers' code developers
- Identifies alternative development approaches for team
- Analyzes existing programs and modifies application code to create enhancement or develop new programs
- Writes detailed technical specifications for entire systems (made of several sub-systems) and identifies integration points
- Leads and makes changes in development maintenance and system standards
- Provides input and drives programming standards
- Consults on database set-up
- Advanced Web and Java/.Net Technology development
- Performs unit testing and complex debugging
- Works with other team members to resolve problems
- Serves as project lead on one or more large, complex projects that require increased skill in multiple technical environments and processes knowledge of a specific business area
- Develops process and coding standards for the team and ensures compliance
- Accountable for architectural integrity and Technical Debt
- Responsible for reporting Quality metrics on the performance of the development team
- Accountable for technical feasibility and feedback on new initiatives
- Recommends resource modeling changes based on team backlog and product chartering
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 8 years of progressive work experience designing business processes, process mapping, working on process improvement initiatives, and business applications system design. Experience must include:
- Extensive experience testing and debugging business application systems and processes
- Extensive experience developing software products for clinical environments and medical labs
- Extensive experience integrating both in house developed software and externally purchased software for large applications
- Web portal development experience
- JEE development experience
- Ability and experience to facilitate JAD sessions or other requirements gathering processes
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Knowledge, skills and experience to write detailed technical documentation, specifically business requirements and functional specifications for application development
- Knowledge and ability to apply OOD (Java, HTML, XML, Java Script, .Net and Patterns) and impact to the application development process
- Knowledge of web development methodologies, application design, navigation and information architecture
- In depth knowledge of HIPAA X12 transactions
- Working knowledge of EDIFECS
- Master level PC skills such as MS Suite products, flowcharting tools, e-mail and electronic calendar scheduling
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills requirements and functional specifications for application development
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, supporting company leadership and other team members
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities/tasks
- Must be flexible and embrace change
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sarah ensures clear cross-team communication in order to achieve across-the-board product creation consistency through proper architecture and design principles and procedures.
Back to top