Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
As an Availity Developer, you are responsible for the detailed design, documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of internally developed applications for Availity business partners. Your SCRUM team responds to business partner needs, expectations, and challenges that are identified
- Maintain and Write code for complex systems that address project specifications and guidelines.
- Write programs that span multiple platforms.
- Provide input on programming or development standards.
- Consult on database set-up.
- Coordinate with others on architectural standards.
- Consult on integration issues and determine the best integration approach
- Reviews the code of other developers.
- Analyze existing programs and modify the application code to create enhancement or develop new programs.
- Identify system requirements and recommend issues and alternatives for change. Able to report missing elements and explain the impacts on subsystems.
- Recommend changes in development maintenance and system standards.
Build Technical Documentation
- Write detailed technical documentation for subsystems and identify integration points.
- Perform unit testing and complex debugging.
- Work on large, complex projects that require skill and experience in multiple technical environments and process knowledge of a specific business area.
- Estimate work efforts for AIR backlog.
- Assist team in determining technical feasibility and feedback on new product objectives.
- Partner with all stakeholders to identify potential slippage or inter-team dependencies
- Work with other team members to resolve problems or issues.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in relevant work experience
- 4 - 6 years of progressive work experience designing business processes, process mapping, working on process improvement initiatives, and business applications system design
- Experience testing and debugging business application systems and processes
- Experience developing software products for clinical environments and medical labs
- Experience integrating both in house developed software and externally purchased software for large applications
- Web portal development experience
- J2EE development experience
- Experience with data modeling, relational databases, data structures and design a plus
- Experience working with Product and Business Management teams a plus
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial company a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge, skills, and experience to write detailed technical documentation, specifically business requirements and functional specifications for application development
- Ability and experience to facilitate JAD sessions or other requirements gathering processes. May work with senior Developers to resolve/debug program errors
- Knowledge and ability to apply OOD (Java, HTML, XML, Java Script, and Patterns) and impact to the application development process
- Knowledge of web development methodologies (preferably Agile/Scrum), application design, navigation, and information architecture
- Knowledge of database design and query language
- Understanding of web services (REST & SOAP)
- Understanding of unit testing a plus
- Working knowledge of MVC a plus
- In depth knowledge of HIPAA X12 transactions a plus
- Working knowledge of EDIFECS a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency using PC skills such as; MS Suite products, flowcharting tools, e-mail, and electronic calendar scheduling
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills requirements and functional specifications for application development
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, supporting company leadership and other team members
- Ability to work under pressure. Maintains composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities/tasks
- Must be flexible and embrace change
- Seeking a working knowledge in the following areas:
- Test Driven Development
- Pair Programming
- HTML, JQuery, and CSS
- Understanding of Git a plus
- Knowledge of AngularJS a plus
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
Availity is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Click the links below to view Federal Employment Notices.
Family & Medical Leave Act Equal Employment Law Poster Pay Transparency Employee Polygraph Protection Act IER Right to Work Poster Employee Rights Under Federal Labor Laws
Back to top