Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Data Scientist will produce innovative solutions driven by exploratory data analysis from complex and high-dimensional datasets. Apply knowledge of statistics, data modeling, and advanced mathematics to recognize patterns, identify opportunities, pose business questions, and make valuable discoveries. Use a flexible, analytical approach to design, develop, and evaluate predictive models. Generate and test hypotheses.
Communication & Project Accountability
- Participate on projects and manage project phases (self-accountable)
- Communicate results and insights, both verbally and written (including visual graphics), in a clear and concise manner to a non-technical audience.
- Proactively identify and communicate roadblocks. Evaluate and suggest alternatives to overcome.
- Support multiple concurrent projects and accommodate frequent interruptions and changing priorities
- Effectively lead and participate in meetings with peers and guide discussion and decision making.
- Identify, define and translate business needs/problems into analytical questions. Emerging ability to think strategically and broadly (end to end process), analyzing complex business problems.
- Design and execute experiments, models, algorithms, and visualizations
- Fully understand data sources and limitations, warehousing system and the impact of the data on business decisions.
- Identify, retrieve, and manipulate data from internal and external datasets.
- Apply advanced statistical and computational methodologies to provide actionable insights and identify strategic opportunities that optimize quality, consumer experience, and healthcare costs.
- Develop scalable, efficient, and automated processes for large scale data analyses and model development, validation, and implementation.
Reporting & Other
- Write technical reports, white papers, and publications.
- Stay current on new processes and technology in Data Science and provide findings on advanced analytical and computational methodologies to other Data Scientists and analysts.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Data Science, Applied Mathematics, Computer science (e.g. specialization: Machine learning/Artificial Intelligence /Visualization, databases, and Big Data), Statistics, Epidemiology, Health Services Research, or closely related field with Data Science specialization or equivalent combination of transferrable experience and education
- 2+ years of related experience; or an advanced degree without experience; or equivalent work experience
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Support Information Architects goal of influencing customers to take action on analytical insights.
- Ability to communicate results and insights, both verbally and written (including visual graphics), in a clear and concise manner to a non-technical audience.
- Must have applied experience with advanced statistics e.g. predictive analytics models
- Must have applied experience in Machine Learning
- Must have experience in Visual analytics
- Experience with large data sets
- Excel/PowerPoint skills (including visual graphics)
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sarah ensures clear cross-team communication in order to achieve across-the-board product creation consistency through proper architecture and design principles and procedures.
Back to top