Data Analyst II
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Data Analyst II is responsible for collecting, evaluating, and preparing research and/or other complex or significant and unique statistical data for a specific business need. This position is responsible for data reporting, converting customer requests into technical details, and ensuring deliverable commitments are met. This position works directly with clients and leadership at various levels within the organization and with outside parties to research and identify operational business requirements with sufficient detail and clarity to allow the development of the data or reporting solution needed. Develops, maintains, and ensures quality control of databases and may assist in development and implementation of measurement.
- Meet with customers, Product Support, Business Development or IT Development groups to determine the project requirements and negotiate timelines and deliverables.
- Develop Ad-hoc, Standard, Dashboards, Scorecards, and other reports using Cognos Reporting Tool or SQL based reports.
- Perform complex data analysis across platforms using Entity Relationship Diagrams (ERDs).
- Assist with special projects as assigned to contribute to Availity's overall business goals. Projects could include ad hoc reporting, searches and reviews, program evaluation, quality initiatives, analysis, development, etc.
- Work with the ETL Architect to handle, clean, and merge data using ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load) standards and methodologies.
- Ensure newly generated data is mapped to Data Mart, ODS, and/or Data Warehouse.
- Identify problems and inaccuracies in databases. In collaboration with the Data Steward, assist in developing decision rules for handling data problems.
- Apply rules consistently to correct data problems.
- Develop and maintain protocols for how to handle, process, and clean data.
- Work with Data Steward document how data problems were identified and corrected.
- Support the work load and priorities of other Data Analysts which includes CR's, Team Track tickets and ad hoc requests as needed.
- Develop and maintain the workflow processes for all reporting requests
- Support processes and standards that result from purchasing any third party tool. Best practice approaches and processes should be taken into consideration.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent in work experience.
- 2 - 4 years experience developing reports (i.e. Ad-hoc, Standard, Dashboards, Scorecards, etc.) using Cognos.
- Experience in Oracle production environment.
- Experience using TOAD for Data Analysis and Reporting.
- Experience with Cognos 8
- Experience administrating Cognos Reporting Tool.
- Experience with accounting processes and software (i.e. Peachtree)
- Experience with Apache Web server and Cocoon.
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial company
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Mastery of SQL language.
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work with a minimal amount of direction while being pro-active in keeping their management informed of project related issues.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions.
- Ability to work under pressure. Maintains composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment. Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be flexible and embrace change.
- Knowledge of relational databases; design, structure, data associations, and query language.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software to include; Outlook, Word, Excel, and Access.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and priority management skills
- ETL and Reporting Tools Such as Discoverer, Crystal Reports, or Business Objects/Data Integrator.
- Knowledge of data modeling concepts
- Extensive knowledge of the health care/payer/insurance industry specifically claims processing systems, provider office operations, and customer service processes in a health care company.
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sr. Alliance Analyst, Alliance Management
Jaynae has spent more than seven years managing one of Availity's largest national health plan accounts, providing care in over half the country.
Back to top