Client Services Representative I
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Client Services Representative is one of the most important brand ambassador roles in Availity. On a daily basis, you drive customer loyalty to our company by educating users on the features and benefits of our products and resolving their issues in a timely and effective manner. Few other roles in our company touch so many customers in such a direct way. By delighting customers with the service support experience, you not only help retain their business with Availity, but also potentially bring in new customers through their positive referrals.
- Applies knowledge of clinical office operations of health care providers and/or health care payers including professional and support staff
- Responds to requests for product support via multiple sources such as phone and e-mail.
- Documents problem status and resolution. Escalates when necessary
- Identifies recurring problems and notifies team members
- Provides informal training to customers to enhance product use and familiarity
- Interacts with clients in a courteous and professional manner
- Manages associated provider system registration and financial documentation
- Ensures compliance with operational policies and procedures
- Achieves performance metrics that directly support the company's attainment of financial goals.
- Evaluates operational efficiencies and troubleshoots provider problems quickly.
- Performs administrative support activities for customer and department, may include copying, faxing, etc.
- Provides customer/client view point of product usability and potential product improvements based on customer interaction
- Provides Subject Matter Expert view point for product usability as it relates to product changes, enhancements, new products, and testing
- Accepts projects as assigned by the Customer Service Manager and contributes as a team member to other projects in an ongoing manner, including clerical and administrative tasks
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Healthcare Information Management or a related field, OR 1 – 2 years' experience in Healthcare IT specific customer support with a high school diploma or equivalent.
- 1 or more years of Availity Healthcare IT specific customer support OR 1 or more years billing experience with a payer, provider or related vendor (INTERNAL POSTINGS ONLY)
- Experience working in an entrepreneurial company
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Healthcare Information Management or a related field a plus.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong interpersonal skills including tact, diplomacy and ability to maintain composure under pressure
- Ability to identify the root cause of a problem and provide an effective solution
- Ability to provide step by step directions via phone or e-mail
- Ability to communicate effectively about IT issues
- Solid understanding of computer operations
- Technical skills related to support of web browsers, specifically Internet Explorer versions 5.5 and higher
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently under minimal guidance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to use discretion and make sound decisions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Extensive knowledge of the health care industry specifically payer operations and/or provider office operations, and customer service processes in a health care company
- Knowledge of claims processing systems and EDI
- Exhibits all core competencies for Availity
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sr. Alliance Analyst, Alliance Management
Jaynae has spent more than seven years managing one of Availity's largest national health plan accounts, providing care in over half the country.
Back to top