Assistant General Counsel
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Assistant General Counsel will work at the Availity main office in Jacksonville, FL and will assist in providing advice & counsel on general corporate matters, contracting and transactional activity, regulatory compliance issues, internal audit matters, governance and M&A activity. Requires a law degree.
- Responsible for assisting in managing all legal agreements and other transactional work at the company, executing a contracts management program and will supervise and assist a paralegal and/or a contract administrator in timely drafting and reviewing legal agreements, and working with the business lead in negotiating such agreements.
- Provide consultative regulatory compliance, advice and counsel to the compliance team to improve the overall culture of compliance with all employees.
- Prepares legal memos, research and recommendations, as requested by the SVP, Legal & Regulatory Affairs/General Counsel and the Corporate Counsel.
- Work in a team environment to manage all legal agreements and contracts.
- Propose and perform additional projects as assigned designed to improve the corporate Compliance Program.
- Perform training, coaching and supervising of employees in their performance of their control activities, as needed.
- Interact with all levels of management which may include senior management.
- Requires some travel.
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Juris Doctorate (JD) from accredited law school
- 8 - 12 years in law firm as corporate and transactional associate or in-house corporate transactional department
- Demonstrates experience in healthcare law, technology law, software license agreements, data privacy, HIPAA/HITECH, Omnibus and other laws, accreditations, M&A and regulations specific to the healthcare and technology industry
- Demonstrates experience in general corporate matters
- Demonstrates experience drafting transactional documents and contract management
- Experience with the health care industry, technology companies, Revenue Cycle Management, and regulatory compliance programs strongly preferred
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of highly sensitive information.
- Must be intelligent and articulate individual who is able to communicate legal and compliance-related concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to work effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a remote or virtual team environment
- Ability to adapt to constantly changing priorities in managing a wide variety of projects, while demonstrating initiative, accountability and leadership
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate at all levels of the organization
- Sound decision making ability
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sr. Alliance Analyst, Alliance Management
Jaynae has spent more than seven years managing one of Availity's largest national health plan accounts, providing care in over half the country.
Back to top