Application Security Architect III
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Application Security Architect III is a key member of the Information Security Architecture and Engineering team. The Architect will primarily be responsible for strategic leadership in the implementation and maintenance of Forgerock OpenAM, OpenIDM, and OpenDJ initiatives, such as adding fine grained authorization support for Availity's suite of products. This is a hand's on position that requires someone with extensive development experience to extend the Forgerock suite of capabilities. The Architect will also be required to carry out other Information Security activities and projects as specified by management.
- Design and implement SSO using SAML 2.0 with OpenAM, or comparable SAML brokers
- OpenAM, OpenIDM, and OpenDJ administration and maintenance
- Operational support of OpenAM, OpenIDM, and OpenDJ
- Support full life cycle of certificate management (SAML and Server) with trading partners
- Lead in the design and development of fine grain authorization using OpenAM
- Assist in the development of the company's security programs
- Assist in the development of security road map for 3 and 5 year plans
- Support of asymmetric and symmetric key management for OpenAM, OpenIDM, and OpenDJ
- Assist in performance tuning with Availity engineers
- Support of Apache, Jetty, and Tomcat
- Design and develop applications using Java J2EE
- Adheres to all policies and procedures concerning all confidential information including but not limited to internal use and restricted information, including Protected Consumer Information (PCI) and Protected Health Information (PHI)
- Assist with project management for information security projects related overall security objectives and programs
- Creation of all necessary documentation for support and troubleshooting of key products
- Strong relationship management and collaboration skills with application stakeholders
- Responsible for coaching and mentoring other team members
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships, supporting company leadership and other team members
- Ability to work under pressure. Maintains composure and professionalism in an interrupt-driven environment
- Ability to manage multiple and changing priorities/tasks
- Must be flexible and embrace change
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related technology field or equivalent in comparable work experience within the development or security field.
- 10+ years of experience in software design and development with a focus in Java
- 3+ years of experience with Forgerock OpenAM, OpenIDM, and OpenDJ or comparable products
- 3+ years of experience in a security related position
- Experience in a technical leadership position
- Extensive experience testing and debugging business application systems and processes on Linux and Windows systems
- Experience in scripting languages, bash and python preferred
- CSSLP and/or GSSP-JAVA certification a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Strong knowledge of ForgeRock OpenAM, OpenIDM, OpenDJ or other Access and Identity Management systems, as well as LDAP/AD services
- Knowledge of Oauth2, OpenID Connect, SAML 2.0, and JWT
- A working knowledge of encryption and PKI solutions.
- Experience designing and implementing of enterprise systems
- Experience in RHEL Linux, bash and python scripting
- Knowledge of Docker, Openshift, and Kubernetes
- Experience developing and using REST and SOAP APIs
- Working knowledge of JIRA, Confluence, Splunk, and Git
- Experience in software development using Java 7.0 or higher
- Knowledge of the health care industry to include HIPAA and HITRUST compliance
- Excellent communication skills; must be able to interface with all levels of the organization
- Open-minded, adaptable and passionate about learning
- Proven ability to deliver strategic plans for the organization to meet long term goals and successfully implement those plans
- Working knowledge of Axway Secure Transport a plus
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sr. Alliance Analyst, Alliance Management
Jaynae has spent more than seven years managing one of Availity's largest national health plan accounts, providing care in over half the country.
Back to top