Accounts Receivable Clerk
Availity delivers revenue cycle and related business solutions for health care professionals who want to build healthy, thriving organizations. Availity has the powerful tools, actionable insights and expansive network reach that medical businesses need to get an edge in an industry constantly redefined by change.
The Accounting Clerk - Accounts Receivable reports to the Financial Accounting Manager and is responsible for collections of aged balances, documentation of collection efforts, customer inquiries, account maintenance, customer cancellations and identifying A/R reserves.
- Manage the collection of customer receivables according to established policy
- Contact customers by phone and e-mail on past due accounts and make payment arrangements
- Obtain credit card and ACH authorizations for payment
- Reconcile customer accounts and resolve customer billing issues
- Document collection efforts
- Prepare aging reports, identify customers for termination of service, identify accounts for bad debt reserve
- Perform account maintenance
- Apply cash from lockbox
The above cited duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that an incumbent may be expected or asked to perform.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 4+ years of general accounting experience
- Experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Experience using Great Plains or other accounting system software
- Experience with billing systems, vendor inquiries, collections, & cash application
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills; must be detail-oriented
- Open to change and willing to learn new skills
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude
- Ability to follow up on pending issues
Availity is an equal opportunity employer and makes decisions in employment matters without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances.
NOTICE: Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. When required by state law or federal regulation, Availity uses I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification in conjunction with E-Verify to determine employment eligibility. Learn more about E-Verify at http://www.dhs.gov/e-verify.
Meet Some of Availity's Employees
Sarah ensures clear cross-team communication in order to achieve across-the-board product creation consistency through proper architecture and design principles and procedures.
Back to top