- San Jose, CA
Automation Anywhere is a global leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), empowering customers to automate end-to-end business processes with software bots – digital workers that perform repetitive and manual tasks, resulting in dramatic productivity gains, optimized customer experience and more engaged employees. The company offers the world’s only web-based and cloud-native intelligent automation platform combining RPA, artificial intelligence, machine learning, and analytics right out of the box, to help organizations rapidly start and scale their process automation journey. Its Bot Store is the world's first and largest marketplace with more than 850 pre-built, intelligent automation solutions. With offices in more than 40 countries and a global network of 1,900 partners, Automation Anywhere has deployed over 2.1 million bots to support some of the world’s largest enterprises across all industries. For additional information, visit www.automationanywhere.com.
Product documentation helps our customers, partners, and employees better understand how to configure and use our products to solve their business needs. As a Technical Writer on the product documentation team at Automation Anywhere, you’ll have the opportunity to apply both your writing and your project management skills, as well as help us define and continually refine our processes.
The ideal candidate is empathetic to the needs of the customer. You are curious and work hands-on with the product to learn and understand how typical users work with it. You are passionate about improving the customer experience, you are service-oriented, and you strive to reduce inefficiencies and duplication of work.
The responsibilities and duties of this role include, but are not limited to the following:
- Write customer-facing documentation to support the development in assigned product areas. Provide technical writing assistance to other departments as the business requires.
- Develop content using different authoring environments, primarily XML.
- Research and gather the information required to build effective product documentation and enable a better customer experience.
- Assimilate and organize a large amount of technical information into targeted topics that users can easily find and apply.
- Improve accuracy, consistency, and quality of existing customer-facing product documentation.
- Ensure that documentation consistently aligns with corporate branding, user interface texts, product training, and other information assets across the organization.
- Apply team standards and processes for writing documentation, and publishing and distribution strategies.
- Collaborate with documentation team members and other internal stakeholders to assure accuracy of content, and make content improvements.
- Coordinate localization efforts for the content you produce.
- Contribute to multiple projects simultaneously.
- Use critical thinking and problem-solving skills to build just the right amount of information required to ensure that the documentation is valuable to the customer.
- BS/BA in English, Communications, Business, Engineering, or related field is required (or equivalent work experience)
- Applicants must submit writing samples when requested to be considered for this role
- 2+ years of hands-on experience writing technical documentation in U.S. English for technology products
- Preferred experience in Enterprise and/or SaaS environment
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with geographically distributed colleagues from engineering, product management, support, and other key stakeholders. Scrum experience is preferred.
- Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Mastery of oral and written North American Business English
- Hands-on experience with information/data gathering, and ability to work with multiple subject matter experts and data sources
- Must be detail oriented and able to work with strict deadlines
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Preferred experience working with structured XML authoring tools, and proficient in the use of DITA
- Experience writing API docs is preferred
- Experience with video capturing software, like Captivate or Camtasia, is preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to excellence
Why Automation Anywhere?
At our company each person brings their unique talents to work as a team and make a difference.
As the leader in Robotic Process Automation (RPA), we provide a very compelling product where our teams are breaking new ground every day and given an environment to grow their skills and have fun along the way. Our technology is the game changer, and our people give us the edge to better our world and go be great!
Automation Anywhere is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Back to top