Sr. Software Engineer in Test
Software Development Engineer in Test
The Sr. SDET will also work closely with Software Developers and other QA engineers in small scrum teams to deliver high quality products in a timely, cost-effective, and predictable manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, maintain, and execute comprehensive suites of test cases against our cloud service platform.
- Emphasize performance, stress, and scalability testing.
- Reproduce customer issues, verify potential fixes, and write regression tests.
- Enhance and extend the test automation framework, system, and libraries.
- Analyze and troubleshoot test failures, submit defects, and communicate test results.
- Track defects and verify fixes.
- Participate in day-to-day QA activities, including the continuous integration and nightly build environment.
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Proficient one of the following: Java, C#, C, C++.
- Excellent experience in software test and automation for web frontend and/or backend.
- Excellent knowledge in testing and automating integration around cloud service platforms using SOAP and REST APIs with Java as the development language.
- Strong troubleshooting and root cause analysis abilities.
- Passion for software test and quality assurance.
- Demonstrated skill in using coding standards and being an active participant in code reviews.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in and execute tests within a Unix/Linux environment.
- Experience mentoring and training junior and mid-level engineers on both technical and SQA process.
- Experience with Python and Python web application frameworks.
- Experience with automation frameworks such as JUnit, TestNG, Selenium, Cucumber, Robotium.
- Good knowledge of object oriented design and implementation.
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with cloud service platforms such as Salesforce, ServiceNow, Box, Office365, etc.
Back to top