Sr. Accounting Manager
- Bangalore, India
At Automation Anywhere, we are passionate in our belief that Software Bots can free people to create, think, discover, and ultimately build great companies. With our automation platform, we are contributing to building a Digital Workforce, 3M strong, by 2020. Our platform includes Robotic Process Automation, Cognitive technologies, and Analytics and is adopted by over 500 of the world’s leading enterprises and many are calling it one of the most essential and disruptive technologies in the market today.
As the Sr Manager Accounting for legal entities in the APJ & MEA regions, yours will be a key role responsible for leading the accounting/statutory matters for these regions. This role is located at Bangalore, India and reports to the Sr Finance Director. You will be responsible for oversight of the team of internal resources and external service providers providing broad accounting / statutory and tax support for AA Inc’s subsidiaries, including guidance on local accounting and statutory activities, managing/reviewing day-to-day general ledger, payroll accounting activities, accounts payable accounting activities, the month-end close process and all account reconciliations together with outsourcing vendors as well as closely collaborating with Corporate Accounting team in US for all the reporting, account analysis, external financial audits, and special projects. You will be expected to lead strategic outsourcing projects of the finance team globally and oversee the performance of our external finance service providers. In time you will also lead transitions in house too for accounting functions.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic leader to build functional capabilities, to support the scale of the company. You must be a team player, support local and company management in achieving our objectives, hands-on, roll up your sleeves type of person and should enjoy a fast-paced, start-up environment.
- Partner with Corp Accounting to ensure the integrity of the US GAAP, Local Statutory books and compliance of statutory requirements
- Responsible to ensure our external finance service providers adhere to the SLAs
- Drive local adoption/implementation of Corp policies & procedures to ensure proper internal controls, in compliance with company policies, while maximizing operational efficiency.
- Ensure adoption of global systems, tools, and infrastructure to scale with business growth; maximize usage of AAI bots
- Participate with the Corporate Finance team in determination of tax and treasury strategy and operations for the region
- Partner with Finance management, on company governance activities, including risk and subsidiary management
- Develop and streamline scalable processes and policies for month-end close, GL, accounts payable, and expense reporting.
- Review the monthly accounting close process, including the review of journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, accruals, intercompany transactions and eliminations, and maintenance of company chart of accounts.
- Collaborate with Corp accounting team to establish, implement and administer SOX internal control policies, procedures, and processes.
- Participate in strategic projects in Finance area.
- 10-12 years of experience off which 5-6 years of leading teams in controllership, accounting and financial analytics experience
- Demonstrate progressive responsibility in managing teams with GL accounting, compliance, and controls.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant or CPA (Big 4 experience strongly preferred)
- Experience with overseeing accounting, tax, and statutory requirement across multiple GAAPs/regions is essential
- Builder mentality; always seeking process improvement, workflow efficiencies.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines on a consistent basis while maintaining the highest level of integrity for the company.
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, success-focused start-up environment.
- Team Player with excellent customer service, strong communication skills and ability to work with all levels within the organization.
- Flexible and creative, with the ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly. Relentlessly resourceful and diligent; drive to win
- Exceptional communications skills, both written and verbal; willingness to work hours to accommodate Global interaction
- Exceptional work ethic – ability to “roll up sleeves”
- Experience with using Workday ERP is a plus.
- Strong computer skills: Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
Back to top