Regional Accounting Manager - APJ
- Tokyo, Japan
At Automation Anywhere, we are passionate in our belief that Software Bots can free people to create, think, discover, and ultimately build great companies. With our Digital Workforce platform, we are contributing to build a Digital Workforce, 3M strong, by 2020. Our platform includes Robotic Process Automation, Cognitive technologies and Analytics and is adopted by over 500 of the world’s leading enterprises and many are calling it one of the most essential and disruptive technologies in the market today.
As the Accounting Manager, for our APJ region, you will perform a key role, responsible for accounting/statutory matters in this rapidly growing region. You will be responsible for providing broad accounting / statutory and tax support for Japan and other APJ subsidiaries, including guidance on local accounting and statutory activities, managing/reviewing day-to-day general ledger, payroll accounting activities, accounts payable accounting activities, the month-end close process and all account reconciliations together with outsourcing vendors as well as closely collaborating with Corporate Accounting team in US for all the reporting, account analysis, external financial audits, and special projects. This role also is a project lead role for the region to drive entire automation initiatives in accounting area to put efficient and robust process owner in place.
This is a great opportunity for a dynamic individual to build the functional capabilities, to support the scale of the company. You must be a team player, support local and company management in achieving our objectives, hands-on, roll up your sleeves type of person and should enjoy a fast-paced, start-up environment.
• 8+ years accounting experience with progressive responsibility including GL accounting, compliance, and controls experience
• Bachelor degree
• Qualified Chartered Accountant or CPA (active status) and deep understanding of GAAP required
• Experience with overseeing accounting, tax, and statutory requirements in Japan and other APJ countries
• U.S. global multi-national experience preferred
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal in Japanese and English; Mandarin also required
• Always seeking process improvement and workflow efficiencies
• Ability to meet strict deadlines on a consistent basis while maintaining the highest level of integrity for the company
• Demonstrated ability and desire to work in a rapidly growing, fast paced, success-focused environment
• Team Player with excellent customer service, strong communication skills and ability to work with all levels within the organization
• Flexible and creative, with ability to learn new and complex concepts quickly
• Willingness to work hours to accommodate global interaction
• Experience with using Workday is a plus
• Strong computer skills: Excel and PowerPoint skills required
Back to top